• Register Today It's free!

budget build in need of help

1explodedtoy

Reaction score
City, State
roseville, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xlt x2
i have a first gen looking to give it more of a lift (do it properly now) what i did that got me the lift i have is uplock the stock coils giving me about 3-1/2 " lift front and kragens lift/ lower shackels in rear took my shocks and sway bar out in the front ( due to it getting stolen and blowing out a shock and bending the sway bar mounts and stripping the bolt holes ... no im not an idiot ) looking to learn more on dana 30 swap and how hard it is to as ive been told bolt in with some force a 30 id also like to know what my stock gearing is right now the rig has 31's on it but they look small on it ... too much open fender and id like to stop at 35's tires are not an issue for me as i work at a tire shop and go ohh look those would look good and swap my tires weekly but havent gone up in size yet because of my allignment issues and that no shop local to me will even attempt to align my truck .... anyone with parts and the know how to tell me what it is i got to do .... by the way rig is daily driver and im hoping to do all work over weekends thanks for reading

Anything over 2" Of Lift up Front and you will never be able to get the front end Aligned , I did A 3" body Lift In One day with the help of my Dad For spare eyes , I did the Body Lift Before I did the Suspension lift and Wish I would have saved up for a 4-6" Lift kit .. Do some research on here , there is allot of info . just need to look for it ! .

Back