"Building Media Commands" with USB display | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Building Media Commands" with USB display

tomg4121

Reaction score
City, State
SE PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I put in a USB flash drive with 600 songs earlier in the week and the message building media commands comes up and will not go away. Does anyone know how to make this go away? I tried it with a prior one (only 50 songs) and it still comes up with the same message.........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very off, with that few songs it shouldn't take long at all. I have two flash drives installed with several thousand songs on each and they take about 10-15 minutes to index and build commands. I would check the meta data and make sure it is all good and isn't hanging you up somehow.

Very off, with that few songs it shouldn't take long at all. I have two flash drives installed with several thousand songs on each and they take about 10-15 minutes to index and build commands. I would check the meta data and make sure it is all good and isn't hanging you up somehow.

quick question, since you mentioned reindexing here....what if you connect a MP3 (i have a sony MP3 player NOT an iPod) thru the USB port, is it going to do the indexing every time it's connected? if yes, then i would rather connect it thru the RCA red/white cable (i don't have my car yet, just got built yesterday)

thanks

quick question, since you mentioned reindexing here....what if you connect a MP3 (i have a sony MP3 player NOT an iPod) thru the USB port, is it going to do the indexing every time it's connected? if yes, then i would rather connect it thru the RCA red/white cable (i don't have my car yet, just got built yesterday)

thanks

I think in other threads the answer to this was yes. Our family has multiple Zunes and we add/change music all the time (since we get it all as part of our Zune Pass subscription) so I asked about this before.

I know my daughter adds new music daily to her Zune and she's the first one to plug hers in now when we go somewhere. Having to wait each time we go somewhere for her Zune to re-index (or mine if I'm alone) won't work, so I am expecting to need to use a mini-plug jack with RCA connectors. Only question/problem that could arise, and it's not clear from manual, is once you start driving, if you change and have full access to your MP3 player content, or whether for safety reasons you can't change anything while driving.

Basically, every time MFT thinks that you may have added or deleted music it will index it again. unfortunately sometimes it thinks you have changed something when you haven't.

The problem with using the RCA inputs is that you will not be able to control the mp3 player through MFT and it will not display the track information.

Back