• Register Today It's free!

Calgary RACE CITY

kimble18

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport
Anyone in Calgary, Alberta that attends the secret street nights on Fridays at Race City, will be over joyed. Calgary city council finally decided that instead of demolishing Race City in order to create some city resources; the Race City lease has been extended to 2015. Hopefully this means some of our potholes and extreme cracks in the strip and the oval will be repaired decently; as well as having the lights actually work.(i'd love to see some times lol). That place has potential.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's good news. I don't attend those Friday events, but I can hear them from my home in Prestwick on some nights. A friend of mine is active in the Porsche community and had been lobbying the city along with a LOT of others in Calgary. Good thing McIver is alderdude for this area. I can assure you he had a lot to do with saving Race City.

Thanks for filling me in. My wife just told me she read about it in the paper, but this is first I've heard about the latest and greatest news Race City has had for a while.

It definately is one of the best things for Race City. I'm happy is something to do on friday nights and it's a lot of fun. You should come out sometime next season, seeing as we will have a next season lol.

It definately is one of the best things for Race City. I'm happy is something to do on friday nights and it's a lot of fun. You should come out sometime next season, seeing as we will have a next season lol.

I've been meaning to take my soon to be 5 year old to Race City so maybe it will happen next season. I've only been too Race City for concerts in the past. :D

I will be keeping my ear open. I'd like to take my truck out there this year to get a before and after time slips. Probably end up really liking it and then get totally hooked on to racing. hahaha

Kimble18 let me know if you are going in 2010, i'd be interested

Yea I'm there every Friday night during the racing season.
PM me and I'll send you my phone number
At race city I run my Honda EG, teal, slammed, honda wrap on the fender to hood. If you live in the south you have probably seen it.
My ex is all blown up right now, think that I blew a rod bearing but we'll see.

Come out, it's always a good time!

Back