Calibration Complete? What the heck? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calibration Complete? What the heck?

SyberTiger

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited 4x4 4.6L
The other day while driving my 2002 X I heard a "beep" and looked at the message console. It said "Calibration Complete" then the message disappeared.

What calibration was it doing? I did not happen to look at the message console until I heard the beep. No doubt there probably would have been a message displayed while it was doing the calibration.

Anyone?

if you don't have a message center, then it was the compass calibration. You have to do something (I forget) to initiate the process. There are five? zones in the US to determine the magnetic north, and the compass needs to adjust for each one.

I do have a message center...I have a Limited with all the electronic bells/whistles...just don't know what it said before "Calibration Complete"...so I don't know what it was calibrating.

I didn't do anything to initiate anything....just was driving down the road when I heard the beep and saw the message.

On third gen X's what is calibrate-able by the computer system?

My old Blazer used to lose the compass setting very now and then. Compass is my guess as well.

Back