New guy showing off | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New guy showing off

Yes they severely mess with the speedo and odometer. I went to a couple ford dealerships to see what it would take to flash the truck to correct that. The flash will run between $100-120 and none of them guaranteed it would be really accurate because the diameter difference was so different from stock to 35s. Just a heads up although you've got way more electronics than me so it might be possible on the second gen. I've relearned what all the speeds on my speedometer actually are using an app on my phone and just know that I can got to about 240 on the odometer before I need to fill up again. No more accurate mpg calculation though:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hypertech has a speedometer calibrator that will adjust for tire diameter, gear ratios etc. The Ford computer will only go so far with the adjustment. I ran into this when I put 275/55/Michelins on my stock 20" Adrenalin rims. The programmer is very accurate. Had a buddy check it with radar, exactly where it was supposed to be.

Wow- great truck .. I am just starting my 2nd gen S.T. great inspiration.

thinking i would like 3-4" lift with 33 or 35"s . still gathering info - hit me up if anyone has done this. thanks-

Great looking ST

Man i really like the mild lifted look on the second gen ST's. If I had to do it again I would have gone with the limited instead of the adrenalin package...

truck looks great!

I seen a post about the speedo recal. I believe procomp makes one as well. Just plugs into the obdII port and flashes it. That price from ford is pretty steep, I do it for free at the ford dealer I work at.

Thanks everyone! I'll be picking up a programmer sometime the new year. between having the race motor freshen up for the Drag Ranger, and plugs and fuel filter in the Trac.... not to mention Christmas...

Which one?! :)
Drag truck
IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA2NTAuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA2MTguanBn.jpg

Street truck
101.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

hot damn those are good looking trucks as well?

Love those Windsors....

Whoa, I would Show Off too if I had any of those Monsters!!! Particularly like the ST, I am starting to become a fan of big wheels! Just not a fan of the price. NICE WORK GT!! Really Nice!

Gotta agree with previous post, that is the coolest lifted 2nd gen I have ever seen. Pretty cool of tire place to help you out like that too. Not too many places willing to do that anymore.

The last motor pic, is that your street truck? what headers are those and is it 2wd or 4wd? Im in the planning stage of a 351w in my 97 explorer and headers are a major showstopper

The last motor pic, is that your street truck? what headers are those and is it 2wd or 4wd? Im in the planning stage of a 351w in my 97 explorer and headers are a major showstopper

That motor is in the street truck.. (94 ext 2wd) and is a 302 with a few mods. Those are headmen shorty's. They clear good but are small diameter runners.

now that is true meaning of the thread title,,

all of them are awesome,,

That motor is in the street truck.. (94 ext 2wd) and is a 302 with a few mods. Those are headmen shorty's. They clear good but are small diameter runners.

that wasnt exactly what i wanted to hear lol. I have a set of unknown brand shorties that were a direct manifold replacement in the 1ton the engine came from but they are 1.5" primaries, and if i build it the way i want ill need minimum 1.75 primaries, maybe 1.825"

IF your 4wd try the James Duff long tubes there alittle better. I've had 2 sets of those. If your set of going with a 351w, your best bet is custom.. I've used custom outside the frame long tubes on both the 351 clevor and 408w combo in the drag truck.

Thanks everyone. I really need to get a group shot of the trucks together. Maybe once the motor is back in the drag truck and we get some good weather to get everything cleaned up.

Thanks everyone. I really need to get a group shot of the trucks together. Maybe once the motor is back in the drag truck and we get some good weather to get everything cleaned up.

Looking forward to it. Do you have any more photos of your ST from different angles? Might help give another perspective for people looking at a similar wheel/tire combo.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Currently I do not. I'm working throughout the holidays. I'll try and get her washed up and grab the camera and take a few in a couple days for everyone tho.

Back