Can i bypass the traction control in 4x4 low ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can i bypass the traction control in 4x4 low ?

welshman

Reaction score
City, State
SWANSEA UK BUT WORKING IN MUSCAT , OMAN NEAR DUBAI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 EXPLORER EDDIE BAUR
Hello all,

I have a 2007 Eddie Bauer Explorer and when i go on deep sand i always get stuck. the problem is that the traction control takes power from the wheels . Can i bypass the traction control in 4x4 low ?
Also what are the largest tyres i can fit on this model (17inch wheel ) ?
Is there a two inch lift kit available for this model ?

What the Heck are you doing that you get stuck everytime you drive in deep sand? I have driven my Ex in sand a few times and i never got stuck.

When you switch into 4Low you will notice the Traction control light come on, that indicates that the traction control is off. When the Light is off the traction control is on. So Basicaly you cannot actually be in 4low and have the traction control on.

Tire wise, just drop your pressure to 20psi and you will never get stuck again. When it comes to sand, its not about tire size, but pressure. Just make sure that you air back up before you drive off the sand, and never go below 15psi.

To be perfectly honest in sand, you should air down to 15-20 psi and drive slowly in 4hi. 4low is not needed for sand, you should be able to navigate without getting in 4hi without issues with the traction control.. You may be braking too fast/abruptly causing the traction control to come on. In regards to largest tire size, with 17s, you maybe able to fit the equivalent of a 31" in 17s. lift kit wise, I don't believe there are any on the market made by any manufacturers like Superlift.

Oh yeah, no need to post your question in multiple sections of this forum, I went ahead and nuked the other posts in the other sections of this forum.

Many thanks for all the tips, i will try them. I currently have 265/70/17 AT tyres on. thanks for the tip on only placing one thread in one forum, i am new to this so not sure where to place thread to get best feed back and exposure.

Once again cheers.

Back