• Register Today It's free!

Can I do this?

EnjoiYaHeard

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLS
Torsion Twist about 1.75 inches, Add the war153 shackle 1.25 inch to the back, add a leaf, and a 3 inch body lift. would I be able to do all of that? Im not sure how high that will have me sitting, will anyone help me out? and will I be able to fit 33s in? thanks.
6045602536132_ORIG-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dont see why not but...

... im no expert but from what ive dug up it can be done. make sure you leave play room in all lines and wires.

and as far as how high will it be sitting, it will go 4.75in front and 4.25in rear. and yes as far as i have found out you should be able to clear 33's

All of the most common questions in just one post. Impressive.

All of the most common questions in just one post. Impressive.

I've seen a million of different things on here, I'm tire of looking through everything, and some of the stuff is even 3-5 years old, what hope would I have on getting a reply lol, so why not make a new thread?

... im no expert but from what ive dug up it can be done. make sure you leave play room in all lines and wires.

and as far as how high will it be sitting, it will go 4.75in front and 4.25in rear. and yes as far as i have found out you should be able to clear 33's

thanks

I promise I wasn't trying to be a jerk. You really did hit the most common questions all at once, though. Normally, that would have been spread out into 5 different new threads. You'd be surprised how easily a thread can be resurrected, though.

I promise I wasn't trying to be a jerk. You really did hit the most common questions all at once, though. Normally, that would have been spread out into 5 different new threads. You'd be surprised how easily a thread can be resurrected, though.

oh I hear ya man. I'm just trying to figure everything out, I'm only 16, so if that explains anything else you know haha

Props man. If you have the chance, try to do as much by yourself as you're comfortable with and have the tools for. I learned a lot about vehicles by rebuilding a 1969 Cougar starting when I was 14. It's more rewarding that way, I think, and cheaper in the long run.

pa 883 will be the right one, same as in the thread,,

Props man. If you have the chance, try to do as much by yourself as you're comfortable with and have the tools for. I learned a lot about vehicles by rebuilding a 1969 Cougar starting when I was 14. It's more rewarding that way, I think, and cheaper in the long run.

yeah man I'm going to try. and thats pretty cool, bet that was a good experience. and I need a floor jack, can't do any of this with out it could I?

I don't actually have one from them, but I would try to get the strongest for my money. Just set a budget for a jack and see the highest rating you can get for your money.

If you are buying a jack then you should also get a pair of jack stands also. We want you around to show the finished product. Stay safe a good luck.

Yeah, I was going to mention that...especially when dealing with Harbor Freight products. You should always use jack stands, regardless, though.

Back