Canadian Backroads | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Canadian Backroads

sounds good i will talk to you on here later on today

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so how does the gate look?

Gate`s open. Sorry it`s so late, got tied up with a few cold beer down at the river, is it freakin hot or what? phew!
I`m gunna pm ya..

Well Allan and I went to the mines today, and went inside. It was really cool!

The shots down the shaft didn`t turn out so well..

Attachments

• carolin mine 2 (17)EF.JPG
    carolin mine 2 (17)EF.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 353

Just some various pics here. There was this ladder that went down into a water filled shaft.

Attachments

• carolin mine 2 EF.JPG
    carolin mine 2 EF.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 337
  • carolin mine 2 (11)EF.JPG
    carolin mine 2 (11)EF.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 338

How about this?

Attachments

• carolin mine 2 (17)EF.JPG
    carolin mine 2 (17)EF.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 343

That`s cool - and fast!

Attachments

• carolin mine 2 (7)EF.JPG
    carolin mine 2 (7)EF.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 340
  • carolin mine 2 (5)EF.JPG
    carolin mine 2 (5)EF.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 338
  • carolin mine 2 (18)EF.JPG
    carolin mine 2 (18)EF.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 338

And lastly, unless Allan posts some pics, here`s the somewhat humorous "Mine Jon". Yes it said that on the front, lol. there was some nasty lookin water in it too.

Attachments

• carolin mine 2 (4)EF.JPG
    carolin mine 2 (4)EF.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 339

wow you were quick about gettin those pics uploaded , I haven't even had a chance to get my pics off of the camera and then I will attempt to upload my pic contributions tonight or tomorrow morning. Other than that it was a great trip and I can't wait to find the large entrance so we can get the explorers in the mountain.

Whare`s your pics Allan? :D

Anyway, the mine is gated now, and a local company is tearing down the buildings for scrap, so that`s that.

I went out this weekend and in lieu of more pics, I`ve put together a video with some footage from the Zum, Zoa, and Vicuna trail, and the Coqhihalla Canyon where I camped. I also threw in some footage from other places..

Videos deleted:

for videos I have made search "Exploduer" on youtube.

Very cool pics of the mines. How far do you guys go in? That would be a great rush to go exploring.

We went in about 45 mins of walking, then it got too wet, plus the women were waiting. Was cool for sure.

ld50 said:
We went in about 45 mins of walking, then it got too wet, plus the women were waiting. Was cool for sure.

That would be assome and scary!

So I'm sure you had flash lights, did you tie a rope to eachother just incase? Did you go down any ladders or up?? For some reason that just facinates me.

that shaft doesnt look that old. Late 70s' at the earliest... judging by the logo art...

Cool vid Jim, you live in a really neat place. Think you will ever make another Moab trip?

Great video

haha yeah the pics eh... tracys digi cam and my mac don't mix well. other than that its a shame its gettin torn down but oh well at least we explored it when we did. yeah the mine is fairly modern late 80's. And on a more somber note the EX needs a new tranny and rear diff. so no 4x4in for a while for me :(

AspenX said:
Cool vid Jim, you live in a really neat place. Think you will ever make another Moab trip?

Moab, love to go again, perhaps in a couple years. I`m so close to all sorts of wheeling since I moved so I have a backlog of trips to make right now. One I`m wanting to do is a two-day trail called the Whipsaw, which is kind of famous around these parts, then there`s tons of other backroads to explore very close to home.

-cheers

PS. how`s your dope fiend buddy doin? Tell him I said high!
:D

Allan, sorry to hear about the Ex..

He's as useless and lethargic as ever, but he does help pay for gas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whipsaw

This trail enters and exits near Penticton BC.

I`ve wanted to do the trail for ever so I tried to hook up with some members of bc4x4.com. Unfortunately they all left the day before, but travelling with another member I met online we eventually caught up with them not quite at the half way point. Seemed the snow was too crazy even the day before but just overnight a ton had melted. Made me glad go later. They were friendly but I had my son with me and couldn't party at all. To top it off Riley and I regretfully had an accidental fire and are actually lucky we didn't start a forest fire much to the dismay of the large group.
But other than that it was indeed the best trip I`ve had in BC. It was awesome! This is where explorerforum should have it`s next big run!

It starts on logging road then up into the alpine on old roads, dips down into a valley to Wells lake which has tons of camping areas, then up a long hillclimb to Alpine again, then down back towards Princeton.

Snow, water, mud, rocks, awesome terrain changes.

I want to make it at least a yearly trip, the trailhead is about an hour and a half from here.

Well blah blah, check it out

Attachments

• DSC06020.JPG
    DSC06020.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC06043.JPG
    DSC06043.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC06075.JPG
    DSC06075.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 254

Back