Canadian tranny parts distributor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Canadian tranny parts distributor?

shenanigans

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4.0L
:ca: So I have been having shift problems with my '95 XLT for a few months now (posted back in december regarding shifting from 1 to 2 only when letting off the gas) anyways, we did band adjustments which kind of helped and eventually the band snapped... I think that it probably was cracked and when we would tighten it it would work for a little while and then the crack would widen and it wouldn't shift and we would tighten it again and so on... anyways the last time we did this I left the driveway and drove about 100ft and something went pop, we brought it back in and the adjustment stud just kept going in = broken band.
So I need a rebuild kit or at the very least, bands. and I need them relatively quick. the problem is that I am in British Columbia, Canada and there doesn't seem to be any tranny parts suppliers here. does anyone know of a canadian supplier I can get a rebuild kit or bands from?
I have previously ordered parts from fast parts network and it took like 6 weeks or more for them to get here. I don't have that much time.
thanks in advance

Dave

I looked up transmission in the yellow pages in my area and started calling places asking about my trans. I narrowed it down to 2 places because when I said A4LD they knew what i was talking about. CanWest transmission in Edmonton even lowered his prices when I told him i could get a better deal on ebay. I went to my local Bumper to Bumper to get some other odds and ends for my trannies, I can't get much when I call NAPA stores.
There is a Sonnax distributor in the lower mainland (i cannot remember where off hand) all I did was google Sonnax and went from there.

edit
Ford is a real pain to deal with as every time I call for parts for my A4LD they want way too much and then I have to wait for the parts to come from the states! You may have an easier time seeing that you have a newer trans

Back