• Register Today It's free!

CAN'T FIND TURN SIGNAL FLASHER!

chuckwagon101

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer sport
1999 Ford Explorer Sport........Turn signals quit yesterday. I found the yellow flasher for the emergency blinker and it works fine but cannot see anything that looks like another flasher for the turn signals.

Is it possible that the emergency flasher does double duty and half of it has gone out or WHAT?

Please help!

Chuckwagon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could be a faulty turn signal arm assembly up on your steering column

Could be a faulty turn signal arm assembly up on your steering column
Thanks Husk! I would like to find and replace the flasher first.

I found the emergency flasher and it clicks and works fine. If I could find the location of the turn signal flasher I could do a quick swap and either fix the problem or eliminate the flasher as the problem

If you know of anyone that knows where the turn signal flasher is located on 1999 Explorer Sport, please have them post it here on this thread.

Thank you!

Chuck

I replaced mine because of led hyper flash. I think it's the same one. Mine was straight underneath the dash below the steering column...yellow in color

I replaced mine because of led hyper flash. I think it's the same one. Mine was straight underneath the dash below the steering column...yellow in color

It's fixed! Took it to a local garage and they installed a new flasher. Cost some bucks but worth it! I couldn't go in the work area but I could see that the little mechanic doing the work was wound-up under the dash in a way that I could NEVER achieve! :):):)

Ya, I'm 6'3" and was bent like a pretzel on the floor board getting to it.....:eek: lol! Back hurt for awhile afterwards.

Glad ya got it fixed

Back