Cargo Cover/Shade Fitment? Do Other Generations Fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cargo Cover/Shade Fitment? Do Other Generations Fit?

Sock Puppet

Reaction score
City, State
High Desert
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLS 4X4
Quick question: Will the cargo cover/shade of any other generation of Ford Explorer fit my '02? I need to buy one in dark gray (or whatever the official color is), but I'm not finding many for the 3rd gen. I appreciate your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes. I ran a 1st or 2nd gen one in my 4th gen for a bit. then I came across the correct one cheap.

Quick question: Will the cargo cover/shade of any other generation of Ford Explorer fit my '02? I need to buy one in dark gray (or whatever the official color is), but I'm not finding many for the 3rd gen. I appreciate your help!
Sock Puppet - did you ever find your 2002 cover? I have one from my 2002 that was totaled in a wreck - but, it's light gray, not dark gray. Happy to send you a photo if interested.

Will it fit a 2000?

JHT - I'm not sure about a 2000. Based on other comments in this thread, I'd guess yes, but not positive. -FB

Do you still have it? I've attached what the right end of mine looks like.

2000 Ford Explorer.jpg

Back