Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Well after almost 6 months of waiting.... I give you the new Ranger...

Picked it up Wednesday night.

Details:
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
2.3 EcoBoost 270hp/310Tq (300hp on premium)
10-Speed Auto Trans
Graphite with Ebony int.
  • FX4 Package (Shocks, skid plates, trail control, rear locker, 30.5" A/T tires)
  • Sport Package (blackout wheels and dark accents like badges and lights)
  • Tow Package (class IV hitch, 7 pin wiring)
  • Bed Utility Package (Bed-liner, 12v in bed)
  • Rear Slider, Remote Start, Power Fold Mirrors, Heated Seats, Android Auto
  • Safety stuff galore, Blind spot (w/trailer coverage), lane keep, auto braking...blah, blah bah... This equals cheaper insurance (no joke, it's cheaper the the '16 Explorer doing 2/3 miles:eek:)

So...when do we get it dirty:D

full&d=1549603788.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whoa! That is hawt! Are you the first on the block to have one??

Definitely a sharp looking truck!! How do you like the 10 speed auto trans?

Congrats Steve. Looks great:chug:

Actuality a new truck on the forum I’m jealous of. Looks very sharp.

Wow, can’t imagine what a Ranger with 270 HP must be like!

Thanks guys, I'm one of the first for sure. Dealer had to hide it when it came in, because they could have sold it 10 times over. They only had 1 truck in stock and it was already sold, but the customer could not take delivery, because they didn't have another to display. Mine I did a special pre order back in September.

Love the 10 speed, you don't feel any of the shifts, it's seamless. In LA traffic I'm already averaging 18+ mpg and it's not even broken in at 150 miles on it right now.

Very cool truck Steve.

Can I see the bed and tailgate please?

Edit, I would also like to see the workings of the driveline and suspension, you know, the good stuff if you can .

CONGRATS that Ranger is soooo nice!! 4 full doors!

Very cool truck Steve.

Can I see the bed and tailgate please?

Edit, I would also like to see the workings of the driveline and suspension, you know, the good stuff if you can .

I'll see if I can get some pictures this weekend.;)

18mpg in LA traffic?! This ranger might just destroy the competition in real world gas mileage. Truck looks great, enjoy it :burnout:

Nice! April 14 for mine. I hear Rough Country is about to put out a lift. There is a video on YouTube showing a mean looking truck with the lift. Same color as yours.

Yes, RC has a spacer lift out, and I really want to throw it on and some 32-33's but I think I'm going to hold off till I ware the tires out. I did order a tonneau cover for it though.

Need to order the brake controller too, but a little bit at a time.;)

It sounds like they have a 3 1/2 in lift coming soon. I see the spacer leveling kit on their website. Both would add some attitude! The trailer brake controller is $350 installed. At least that’s what I was quoted. Not sure if I’ll spring for that. Seems a little steep.

Nice
What's the tow rating on the Ranger?

That's only a few hundred less than my Silverado.

That's only a few hundred less than my Silverado.

Yeap, and that's 7500lbs without any equalizer hitch needed. This thing weights about 4400lbs. It's closer in size to the 1/2 tons of 20 years ago.

So let the Mods begin:D

I order a tonneau cover, but because the truck is so new, they aren't really available yet. I was told mine would not ship till April. So I found one on CL used for a Chevy Colorado for $150. Little trimming to the mounts and spacing for the width and BAM, just saved my self about $850, and I didn't even need to swich to Geico.:p

Also installed a tinted LED 3rd brake light which turns out to be the same light as '15+ F150's I figured out.

20190224_163255-jpg.4772

Also added yellow tint to my fog lights, upgraded the headlight bulbs to a whiter light, and transferred the plate over from the F250 till the Navajo is done.

20190223_120215-jpg.4709

Future plans include, bed lights, maybe the Ranger letter inserts on the gate and grill and still thinking about the leveling lift for 32-33's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty sweet! Gotta say. A little jealous over here.

Back