• Register Today It's free!

Center console information center

Orion13

Reaction score
City, State
Paducah, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLT
I've recently purchased a wrecked 2000 Explorer 4.0 SOHC XLT that was wrecked. I got it for $350. Yes it is 4 wheel drive. Anyway it was missing some parts since it was sitting for a year. The entire console top was missing, ie the cup holder and storage bins that go under the radio/AC controls. So digging through the local junk yard I found only ONE possible replacement. It was the one that had the info center in the console right under the AC controls. So knowing that my ex probably didn't have the info center I pulled not only the info display/button box and the cup holder area but the entire wire loom that ran the length of the center console. So here is my question. If I hook this up with the entire wire loom will it work with my EX or am I probably missing some part of the computer that won't allow me to use it? If it should work then what fuse location should I have to put in order to turn it on?

Orion

assuming you have all the required wires and such, you wont have some of the sensors for things like the washer fluid level sensor, or the oil level sensor. the fuel tank and economy stuff might work as this info comes from the PCM.

assuming you have all the required wires and such, you wont have some of the sensors for things like the washer fluid level sensor, or the oil level sensor. the fuel tank and economy stuff might work as this info comes from the PCM.

It really doesn't matter if it all works or not to be honest. I was just wondering if it should at least turn on and what fuse I would need to install to get it working. I was thinking that maybe it would work since both harnesses have the same fan motor, rear radio controls, and, accessory power/cigarette lighter. But when I quickly hooked it up to see it never worked. I was expecting the it to light up at the very least but nothing on the screen. That is why I was thinking that a fuse was missing somewhere.

Orion

nope. if you didnt have it from factory, it isnt wired for it. you can put it in, and make it work, but you have to do a bunch of hard wiring to your truck

Back
Top Bottom