• Register Today It's free!

Chips?

RichCresci

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLS, 06 Mounty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those are total gimmiks, stear clear of them. If you want some new power, get yourself a Cold air intake, a catback exhaust, and a Tune. from hensonperformance.com

Those are total gimmiks, stear clear of them. If you want some new power, get yourself a Cold air intake, a catback exhaust, and a Tune. from hensonperformance.com

^ What he said. A tune alone won't net you 35hp, but a tune/exhuast/CAI should give you a noticable gain.

I would guess that a TUNE / EXHAUST / INTAKE on a 4.0 would possibly net like 25 HP maybe a small chunk more ?

Save the chips for the salsa. Programmer is one thing everyone agrees on.

I would guess that a TUNE / EXHAUST / INTAKE on a 4.0 would possibly net like 25 HP maybe a small chunk more ?

I bet it would net pretty close to that, maybe more? I was just referring that a tune alone wouldn't do that(+35hp).

Please Read!!

Beware of sellers making claims of OUTRAGEOUS Horsepower and Gas Mileage gains. We tell you the facts of what our products deliver, and refuse to lure customers in with false advertising. We make a high quailty product at an affordable price, and back it with a 100% Money Back Guarantee. So remember, when purchasing a Performance Chip, Fuel-MaXXPerformance is the place, we thank you!

:crazy:

I've never heard of Fuel-Maxx, but it seems extremely cheap.
Volo Performance makes a variety of different chips ranging from a fuel saver to high performance. These are 20 MHZ microprocessors that 'soft flash' the ECM.
I've had the FS-2 for a while now and it's everything it's supposed to be. They cost more ($89.95), but stand behind their product 100%.
If interested, http://www.voloperformance.com

its not even a chip. I bought one a couple years ago for a jeep i had and all it was it a resistor and a piece of paper that says to fold it and plug it into you MAF sensor. It says it can also cause a check engine light to come on. I still have it as a bookmark in the repair manual.

^^ Which are you referring to?

^^ Which are you referring to?

Not sure what he's referring to, but those el cheapo chips you referenced are junk too. You get what you pay for in the tuning game.

Back