Climate Settings With Remote Start | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Climate Settings With Remote Start

Hey folks!

Hopefully I can clarify a few things for you. According to my technical advisor, climate-controlled seats will only come on if they are enabled by the customer, the remote start is set to Auto, and it meets the correct temperature conditions. If the remote start is set to Previous User settings instead of Auto, the seats will not come on at all.

The temperature thresholds are 32 degrees or colder for heated seats and around 80-85 degrees for cooled seats.

If you are experiencing any issues with your remote start system, make an appointment at your dealership so your concern can get addressed. Additionally, I want to get your information into the hands of your region's customer service managers. Send me a PM with your VIN, preferred servicing dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; we'll get started from there.

Thanks,

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey folks!

Hopefully I can clarify a few things for you. According to my technical advisor, climate-controlled seats will only come on if they are enabled by the customer, the remote start is set to Auto, and it meets the correct temperature conditions. If the remote start is set to Previous User settings instead of Auto, the seats will not come on at all.

The temperature thresholds are 32 degrees or colder for heated seats and around 80-85 degrees for cooled seats.

Crystal
Crystal, unless I'm looking in the wrong place, I can no longer find the AUTO or USE LAST SETTINGS options. I did have mine on AUTO.
When I go into the left screen and select; Vehicle Settings/Vehicle/Remote Start/Climate Control, I only have these 5 options available to set either ON or OFF.

Heater - A/C
Front Defrost
Rear Defrost
Driver's Seat
Passenger Seat

Mine are all set to ON and everything works as it should. Nice and toasty seats and cabin when using the remote start.

Peter

I have verified and I don't have menu items for my heated seats. Just,
Heater - A/C
Front Defrost
Rear Defrost

Peter, I think my menu looks like what yours must have at one point. When did yours change? I just had a Sync update done a couple of weeks ago but I guess this is not affected.

Heater - A/C
Front Defrost
Rear Defrost

Peter, I think my menu looks like what yours must have at one point. When did yours change? I just had a Sync update done a couple of weeks ago but I guess this is not affected.

Guys,

2nd time re-installing 3.5.1 update was done at the same time as the remote start programing, so I can not atest for previous menu options, just for the current:

Heater - A/C: Auto or last settings
Front Defrost : On or Off
Read Defrost : On or Off

Bobby:salute:

Heater - A/C
Front Defrost
Rear Defrost

I don't really know when the menu seems to have changed. I do know for a fact that at one time I did only have the AUTO and USE LAST SETTINGs options. Now, unless I'm looking in the wrong place, they have disappeared and have been replaced with the 5 optional settings I have posted. I can't say for sure but it seems that the initial 2 options were still there after the 3.5.1 update. But if that was the case, I don't know how they could have changed. I could be mistaken.:dunno:
It seems, from reviewing some of the posts, that heat/cool seat options are not available on the XLT. Not sure if that applies to all XLT packages or not.
Very strange.:scratch:

Peter

Remote Start settings

Just curious as to the operation of the remote start climate settings with 2013 Sport. All settings in auto on display controller for remote start climate settings. Start car with remote. Jump in and A/C on what seems to be high and seats cooling also rear climate vents blowing air on high. It's been hot here in Maryland. Once I step on brake and depress start button everything goes to a lower setting and seats do not show that a/c is on. I am assuming this is normal and feel it is working properly and that the only thing I would have to do is turn on the a/c feature for the seats. By the way I have been leaving the climate control in the auto mode. Just want to verify this is how everyone else's is operating. Specifically the seat operation.

Sounds like how mine does it too

Pretty sure my seats do not come on.

Pretty sure my seats do not come on.
It seems to me that in mine there are settings in the left screen under remote start that have to also be set to ON. I'll have to verify that tomorrow.
As far as I know the cooled seats should be activated. Also keep in mind that the temperature has to be above/below a certain threshold for the heat/cool seats to come on.

Peter

it's all in the settings. you can set it so it uses the last set mode for when you remote start, or set it so it does automatic mode when you remote start, then when you get it and push the button or turn the key it then reverts to your last set mode.

seats you can control too individually for drivers and passenger, for auto heat and auto cool with the remote start, but it needs to be below 32 for the heater to work, and above a certain temp for the ac seats to work automatically. But as soon as you press the button or turn the key, those turn off too until you push a button to set them.

Thanks guys,
Just wanted to make sure with the settings I had it was operating correctly. Makes sense

Speaking of remote start... anyone know how to get better range from the remote???
In my truck I had aftermarket and could start from over a half mile away.
Now I have to be within a couple hundred yards at least, maybe closer.

it's all in the settings. you can set it so it uses the last set mode for when you remote start, or set it so it does automatic mode when you remote start, then when you get it and push the button or turn the key it then reverts to your last set mode.

seats you can control too individually for drivers and passenger, for auto heat and auto cool with the remote start, but it needs to be below 32 for the heater to work, and above a certain temp for the ac seats to work automatically....

Peter

Remote Start Settings

Here is what I had posted in another thread some time ago regarding the remote start and the seats.

In the left hand screen I go into Settings/Vehicle Settings/Vehicle/Remote Start/Climate Control and it gives me 5 options to turn ON (Auto) or OFF.

Heater - A/C (Auto; Last settings)
Front Defrost (Auto; Off)
Rear Defrost (Auto; Off)
Driver's Seat (Auto; Off)
Passenger Seat (Auto; Off)

These are the settings I have on my 2011 Limited. Not sure if all models have the same set-up options.

Peter

Speaking of remote start... anyone know how to get better range from the remote???
In my truck I had aftermarket and could start from over a half mile away.
Now I have to be within a couple hundred yards at least, maybe closer.

holding it under your chin when you press it usually helps. may not work as far as an aftermarket one, but it's usually enough to reach that slight extra bit when you need it. Nothing like using your head as an antenna lol. It does work though.

Yeah Peter thats what I have setup on my Sport everything in auto, I was just curious after remote starting and then getting in and depressing the start button the seats do not indicate on the MFT that they are on but they are cooling or were until start depressed. Thanks.

holding it under your chin when you press it usually helps. may not work as far as an aftermarket one, but it's usually enough to reach that slight extra bit when you need it. Nothing like using your head as an antenna lol. It does work though.

Ah you Canucks !!!! that's an old wives tale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(but I do it too :) just be sneaky about it so no one laughs at me !!!)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oops - thought it was peter that posted about the chin :) gotta read betta !!

No if it were him he would have said isn't the factory range enough? You have to walk to the vehicle anyway so why is it even necessary for it to work from further away? lol :D

Back