Coilover Conversion and Superlift Kit - Cancelled | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Coilover Conversion and Superlift Kit - Cancelled

I'm selling these separate or together. Complete K494 Superlift 4" Lift Kit and the coilover conversion custom brackets and hardware, Fox Shocks, and Eibach 750lb Springs. Coilover kit is 99% complete. Needs different bottom eyes and the tools to adjust the spring rings. Never been used, but have sat in a garage for a while. The very lightest of surface rust on a couple things, but otherwise perfect condition and all accounted for. Will make sure all parts are completely cleaned of rust and coated with protective wax before you get them. Also willing to paint the coilover brackets with POR15 for free. Only color I have is gloss black.

K494 is for the 4 door Gen 2s, but can also be made to fit the Gen 1 Sport Tracs with just a different differential dropdown bracket. Coilover is for both.

I'm selling these as local-ish pickup/drive to only. Shipping would be ridiculous for the lift kit. I can be persuaded to ship the shocks, brackets, and springs for the coilover if you really need me to. I can meet you halfway, if you're close. I live in northwest Indiana.

K494 kit is $1600
Coilover kit is $750

Willing to negotiate prices, and if you want to install it right then and there, I can help. Even got an old union welder for a neighbor who wouldn't mind welding the shock gussets for the coilover. Just let me know in advance to schedule around.

Superlift K494
20161130_223539.jpg
20161130_223644.jpg
20161130_223724.jpg
20161130_223741.jpg

Coilovers:
20161130_223314.jpg
20161130_225201.jpg
20161130_225207.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would you sell the coilover bracket kit with the gussets, spacers, bolts and hardware, as a package?

I'd have to order my own coilover shocks with heavier springs anyway.

GB :)

Possibly. I'll admit I'm curious about what kinda setup you're running that would need heavier springs. Those 750s were ordered for a 5.0 Ex with a bunch of extra armor on the front. I was planning on running 650s for the Sport Trac since it's got a lighter front end.

2001 Ranger 4.0sohc 4x4 with a 115lb bumper, 100+lb winch, and a 50+lb skid-plate.

Dang. That's pretty much about the same front weight as the 5.0 Ex with the skid plate and bumper/winch setup I had. What weight are you planning on running then? And which shocks?

I paid 281 for the bracket and hardware kit, how would 250 for just that sound?

I was thinking 800lb springs as I saw some other guys saying that their 750lb springs eventually sagged enough to where they had to use too much of the coilover threads. But then some other people have said that 800lb'ers were too stiff on the street. So I'm still deciding on that.

Thanks for the replies, but I think I'll wait for a lower priced bracket kit to pop up again.

i used 800 in/lb on mine with the 4.0 auto,and a bumper/winch combo,, it was just right,,

How harsh is the ride on the street?

I have the same front setup with 800lb springs in my ranger with a V8 swap and it's a little too much. I also have a redesigned front crossmember with hitch that weighs at least 80 lbs.

The issue with coilover thread was with the original rcd setup on an explorer. They need stiffer springs and the shocks that came with the kit can't handle the extra weight of an explorer. This setup is good to go.

the ride on mine was damn good,, it may have been affected by my coilovers living through some pretty epic cold winters up here in Canada too though,,
but on the merit of the way better shocks to begin with , that was a big change alone,, stock shocks are crap,,,, they don't and never could react as well as the Fox ,,
you get what you paid for believe me,,

These still for sale?
Interested. What all has to be done for the front differential drop bracket to fit a 1st gen sport trac?

(I have an 04 Adrenalin 4x4. It will eventually be converted to a 347 stroker V8 from a donor 2000 explorer limited AWD.)
I'm also in Kankakee IL, so, somewhat close to you.
Thanks man!

Cancelling the sale on these. With my tax return I can afford a parts truck to fix the Trac with, so I'll be installing it during the engine swap.

No problem man! I ended up buying a superlift off another member. It's going on my 04 sport trac.

Excited to see your progress on your trac!

Nice! Those Superlifts are hard to get. Took me like, six months or so to finally get one because they were so far behind on production of them. Had to cancel my order and get it from the only place that had a kit left in stock they had just found.

Good luck on the install, and send me a message if you need any assitance!

Thanks Obie! Will do!
I ended up buying a ranger kit minus the rear lift blocks and shocks. Called superlift to get the different front diff drop bracket for the sport trac. The new drop bracket is much more beefier than the one in the ranger kit! highly impressed.
I also bought the coilover conversion brackets made in the ranger forum.

Only things left to source are sway bar quick disconnects for the rear and front fox coilovers. (Found the front sway bars just need to order them, just need to get some measurements to find rear ones that will work.

Dang. That's pretty much about the same front weight as the 5.0 Ex with the skid plate and bumper/winch setup I had. What weight are you planning on running then? And which shocks?

I paid 281 for the bracket and hardware kit, how would 250 for just that sound?
Are the brackets still available

read up three posts he decided to keep the parts

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back