• Register Today It's free!

Computer Codes

coldfox

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
I have on my Explorer a minor code coming up all the time due to a filler neck problem, so the check engine light comes on. According to Ford, its an environmental code, and it costs 90 dollars to do a diagnostic test and clear. Well since I am not a Rockefeller, and don't have the money to always get it cleared, I do it myself. I unplug the positive cable on the battery and let it sit for three minutes and then I put the cable back on. The check engine light is no longer lights up on my dashboard,but I do have to reset the clock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have on my Explorer a minor code coming up all the time due to a filler neck problem, so the check engine light comes on. According to Ford, its an environmental code, and it costs 90 dollars to do a diagnostic test and clear. Well since I am not a Rockefeller, and don't have the money to always get it cleared, I do it myself. I unplug the positive cable on the battery and let it sit for three minutes and then I put the cable back on. The check engine light is no longer lights up on my dashboard,but I do have to reset the clock.

Where in Ontario are you?
I have a scanner and am more than happy to help a fellow Explorer owner.

did you try a new gas cap yet ? that could be it,,

Hi DjDom and Corkey I am in Chatham ON and I have replaced the filler neck (which the mechanic told me this problem would be solved) and I bought a new gas cap. Yet time and time again the check engine light will come back on. Now with the new rules of emissions in Ontario, if the check engine light is on you will fail and they no longer check the gas cap.

Hi DjDom and Corkey I am in Chatham ON and I have replaced the filler neck (which the mechanic told me this problem would be solved) and I bought a new gas cap. Yet time and time again the check engine light will come back on. Now with the new rules of emissions in Ontario, if the check engine light is on you will fail and they no longer check the gas cap.

What the hell?

Since when is this?
I failed an emission test last year cause of my gas cap. Thank god I had another one in the trunk that passed, or I'd be paying twice. :)

What's this new rule?
Do you have a link to the MTO website where it states this?

Back