CopyKat's Copy Cat B4 | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CopyKat's Copy Cat B4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow what a difference between the phone and a video, just for everyone out there it sounds deadly over the phone

are you going to dyno it? i wonder how much more hp/tq it has over stock.

are you going to dyno it? i wonder how much more hp/tq it has over stock.

there is a dyno 20 min from my place. For giggles I may take it there just to get some numbers. If I can get 170-180 at the wheels I'll be happy as all getout.

4 days now.... have you driven it????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

4 days now.... have you driven it????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Not yet. My coolant leak has returned, and I still have a bunch of little things to clean up and finish. Mounting the boost gauge and making a harness for the injectors.

Also the dump of snow we had before I started it, is still melting making it pretty sloppy here in the yard. I don't feel like working on a sloppy wet/muddy vehicle.

It'll give me time to get the front 4.10 pig installed and get my mudflap/splash guard brackets made.

once all the kinks are worked out, take it back off and send it to me :D

Got it all back together. I used the compressed paper gasket from Felpro. It is thicker than the tin one I had in before. I think this helps better in the V between the heads. Filled the rad with coolant and fired it up. After about 5 min of running I re torqued the lower intake. The wrench moved about 70° before the 216 in/lbs was reached. This was a step I missed with the last gasket. It may have been fine. I'll check them again after a bit more run time.

Got the gauge pod finished and mounted. Also wired up the light in the gauge.

Turbobuild055.jpg
Turbobuild053.jpg
Turbobuild051.jpg

Just waiting for the damn snow to go away and dry up some. so I can get this thing out and start tuning. It will be in the shop for a bit more. I've got the Front 4.10 geared pig to install, splash guard/mud flaps to put on and I may start on the rear bumper.

Got some Ricer components in the mail yesterday.

More fab work to be done to install this piece. The discharge will be routed back into the low pressure side of the intake.
Turbobuild058.jpg

Also got some new headlights. bye bye sealed beams, hello H4's.
Projectors001.jpg

Still more cool stuff coming in the mail.

dude you will love the H4's, I ditched my Sylvania xtrea vision sealed beams years ago for Hella H4 4x6 squares, FAR SUPERIOR with Sylvania Ultra Vision bulbs

I then broke about 3 of those Hella lenses, at $60 ea it was not cheap! Now I have IPF housings and they are covered in CLEAR BRA
I have not had a chip or crack since

I highly recommend the clear bra on your new lights, after like 7 years, still no yellow, no cracks, etc

hopefully the ground is clearing up and you can drive this sucker soon! Cant wait to hear results

Ya I've been thinking of swapping them sealed beams out, for quite some time now. I'll have to look around for that film see if I can find some. I wanted to get some for the fog lights on our Civic but one lens is now cracked. My wife has a habit of following too close to fully loaded gravel trucks.:mad: The front of the car is littered with stone chips. On a black car its unfortunate that you can see every single stone chip. :rolleyes:

It's almost too late now to get one of those clear bra's for the car. The damage is already done.

screw the paint save the glass!

Colorado = windshield and paint screwed the first year

As you can see in the last pic the truck is kinda laid up. But the beam is ready to go back in. I'm out of town for the weekend so next week it should be back together and it may come out for a short ride. I want to test and see how these Durango springs work out.

Axle is back in the truck and it's now back on all four wheels. I replaced the rotors and the pads while I had it apart. They were the original rotors and pads the D44 axle came with when I got it.

Testing out travel and measuring for bumpstops. The coils limit the travel by 3.5".
D354100012.jpg

Bumpstop
D35410004.jpg

Why trimming of the axle window is necessary for long travel.
D354100013.jpg

Blowoff valve mounted. Need to make the low pressure side back into the intake.
Turbobuild062.jpg

Started on the rear reciever, and the bumper will soon follow.
Rearbumper003.jpg

About 90% done. Just need the injector harness and then tune the injectors.

Video to come.

Turbobuild067.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Knocking more things off my list of "to-do's"

Rearbumper007.jpg

No during pictures. Just when I took a break to paint it.
Rearbumper006.jpg

Rearbumper008.jpg

Rearbumper009.jpg

Rearbumper010.jpg

With spare tire on rack.
Rearbumper011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back