Creaking Noise When Steering | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Creaking Noise When Steering

I've never heard any noises with the 2011 Limited I had. Not sure if the MKT has the same setup but it is -9 F here today and no noise problems.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a creaking sound also (MY 15 2WD XLT 16,000 miles). It's not cold weather related as I live in California. At first I thought it was coming from the lower control arms or possibly the ball joints/tie rods. My wife rotated the wheel while I listened outside and I could not hear a thing. It is clearly audible in the cabin. It has been doing it for the last 6 months or so and seems to be gaining in consistency.

- Looks like I'll be going in for warranty work because creaks and leaks dont get better with age.

I have a creaking sound also (MY 15 2WD XLT 16,000 miles). It's not cold weather related as I live in California. At first I thought it was coming from the lower control arms or possibly the ball joints/tie rods. My wife rotated the wheel while I listened outside and I could not hear a thing. It is clearly audible in the cabin. It has been doing it for the last 6 months or so and seems to be gaining in consistency.

- Looks like I'll be going in for warranty work because creaks and leaks don't get better with age.
I assume you are referring to your vehicle.;) And, they are only covered under the factory warranty. Good luck.

Peter

- Looks like I'll be going in for warranty work because creaks and leaks dont get better with age.

Hi there, smellthebean!

Do you already have an appointment in the books? Please message me your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll check out some options.

Meagan

I am having this squeaky noise when turning the steering wheel fully to the left only.

See the video on YouTube.

The noise disappear when the car is cold it after running few miles the noise become apparent.

I am having this squeaky noise when turning the steering wheel fully to the left only.

The noise disappear when the car is cold it after running few miles the noise become apparent.
Any update on this issue??

Back