• Register Today It's free!

Custom Suspension Lift Pointers

FLOffroad

Reaction score
City, State
Wasatch, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
Forester; 08 ST sold :(
I currently have a Truxxx lift on my Sport Trac, and I'm pretty sure there's aren't any market suspension lifts for 07+ Sport Tracs, but I was wondering if it would be possible to sort of custom fab one just using HD coil springs and shocks. I'm not looking for much more lift, maybe being able to fit 32"s over 31"s (with not rubbing that is), but other than that I just an HD suspension.
I've seen that Pre-runner 07 Sport Trac that was done with the help of King Shocks and other parts, and I've looked around there site, but they don't offer anything officially for Sport Tracs.
So, basically, I'm wondering what size shaft and how much travel should I get for the shocks, and what length, diameter (2", 2.5" 3"?) and weight coils should I get?
I'd be willing to just crawl under my Sport Trac and measure all the existing stuff and extrapolate from there, but I don't think that would be accurate given how the coils and shocks would be under some pressure just due to being on the ground.

Thanks for any help.

I can't answer your question, but I do know that I fit 33s under my '08 XLT with 2.5" RoadBully spacers all around... Dealership threw a fit when I brought it in to have them align the suspension and recalibrate the ECU, plus my gas mileage sucks now, but hey, they don't rub...

I have 32's (275/55/20) on mine stock. So I don't see why you can't fit over a 32 with a lift?

I know 32's can be fitted with a roadbully kit, but I'm also looking for the additional benefits of a high performance suspension (increased travel, better interactions with obstacles, etc.).

Back