Cut wires to door now no radio?

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
I took my doors off to make tube doors and when I cut the wires to the door the radio will not come on. I still have the rear speakers hooked up but no power to radio. Please help!! :D

Thanks,
Clint

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont think robb thinks that no radio is a 911 situation

anywyas thats odd, i cut my doors wiring harness and my radio still worked..... is it possible you shorted it out?

check your fuses

I did a cont. check on all the fuses and they all check out. I checked the fuse on the cack of the radio and it is still good. If i shorted it out do you think it would ruin the radio? I might have had the key on I just noticed that ;)

At the radio, check for power at the light green/yellow and yellow/black wires (with key ON). Check for a ground at the black and black/light green wires.

Maybe a dumb question, but are you sure the rear speakers were working before you cut the front ones?

^ very good question

do you have a factory amp system? it might not like you cutting that speaker and threw itself in protection mode.

Yeah I still run the factory amp. I was listening to the rear speakers after I cut the passenger side to see if it still worked. Then I cut the driver side and no more power to the head unit or speakers. I'll go test those wires and see if there is power.

Looks like I have -10 to -11 on all the wires coming into the deck.

I just cut mine to, I know for a fact mine shorted out. I had all the doors off and it just went out. The inside lights also did to, same fuse. Are the lights inside coming on?

I had it working for about 30 sec. then it just died again. I hooked the Bk/LtB and solid Bk back up to the wireing harness and it came right on then off again :( I disconected the push buttons inside the door so they won't come on. The hatch should still activate it but when I open that they still don't come on.

I can just imagine how much trouble im gonna have then. I havent really messed with mine yet, looks like it wont be easy though.

Yeah, I was thinking I'll just cut these wires and everything will be ok, but noooo ;) :D if you get it figured out before I do then let me know.

Back