rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
Who carries the front spindle for a D35? My bearings went out and ruined the spindle. I called Auto Zone and Advanced and they do not list them. Is this a dealer only thing? How about a used one at a salvage yard?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got one, I think I paid like $35-40 at the junkyard for them a while back but I have 4 spares and would part with one for ya.

Let me guess, bearing went out welded itself to the spindle?

If you PM me I'll send it out for $20 plus shipping.

The D35 is a Spicer axle, and a spicer dealer should be able to get the spindle for you if you want to go new.

The D35 is a Spicer axle, and a spicer dealer should be able to get the spindle for you if you want to go new.
A new one from Spicer or Ford would be outrageous!

Thanks for all the input guys. WOW! Ford wanted $300. I found one at my local salvage yard where I yanked both sides for $50 and yes the race was welded to the spindle. I need to go D44 in front. BTW the D35 that I need the stuff for is in my B2.
I checked out the other side today I found that those spindle nuts were backed off on that side. Bearings were just hours away from exploding. So I did that side also with new bearings.

I guess i just need to yank those 33s every few months and check those bearing LOL.

IMG_0182.jpg

Check out that carnage :eek: And the race is welded to the spindle.

that only happened to me when the inner nut was too tight. Also a trick I learned on this site is "GREEN LOCK TITE" when you put those bad boys back on.

or look up a company called "stage 8" for their locking nuts that look pretty sexy.

that only happened to me when the inner nut was too tight. Also a trick I learned on this site is "GREEN LOCK TITE" when you put those bad boys back on.

or look up a company called "stage 8" for their locking nuts that look pretty sexy.

What do you torque your inners too? I'll check into those stage 8s

What I was taught was that you take the inners to about 30-35 foot lbs while spinning the rotor to "seat" the bearings, loosen 1/2 turn and torq to 18 inch lbs. With bigger tires, I go much firmer than that but I'd like to say I do it by feel and have been doing it by feel for quite some time and I found that spinning the rotor to make sure it's still smooth helps that out . The key is that you need to torque the outer over 100 foot lbs. I still rarely go over 500 miles without getting into my spindles for some reason or another and have found them loose on the drivers side almost every time except this last time when I used the green lock tite.

Went with the Green Loctite, thanks for that tip. And I will check about 500 miles. I have done some mudding along the way also which I'm sure contributed towards it.

Back