• Register Today It's free!

dark side color

Chimmy76

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach,VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Tundra
Does anyone have the Dark Side paint how does it look on the explorer. In the sun is it a nice color?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was seriously expecting that dark side was the color I would go for. The dealer I worked with helped me see a couple different cars in dark side. It is true that when the sun light catches off it just right it's a really nice, interesting blueish greenish metal flaked color. But unfortunately I found that the rest of the time it just looks black. I gave it some serious consideration, but in the end chose not to go for it. It's all subjective about what you like though. Definitely preferred it more than black though, just because of the few times when it does catch the light just right.

I want a color that looks nice and not everyone else has. Just trying to be different

I almost ordered the sunset but i also saw it under the sun from different angles. And changed my mind beside i had the 2008 cts ltd cadillac in hot lava. So i went with the tuxedo black i think that color is awesome so i ordered that one shoild be here next month sometime..!

I always get black vehicles, but this time I decided to go with Kodiak brown for my 2014 Explorer. It's on order & should arrive in January. I like the color because it looks black at night.

NIce color. Reminds of the color hue of sun lit Pacific Ocean. I like it!

Back