Dead Battery / Replacement? Reset Alarm? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dead Battery / Replacement? Reset Alarm?

bebeard

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLS
hi all,

I am having battery problems, and wanted to know that if I completely disconnect the battery, if it would reset or cause any problems with my alarm or have to have the door code and radio reset by the dealer after reconnection?

I have a 2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer..

Thanks in advance.

Brook

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nah, you'll be fine... only your radio settings will be affected. Negative first, then positive - I'm sure you know, but added just in case :) How/why did your battery die?

Well,

I am hoping the battery isn't shot completely, I have some corrosion build up around the positive terminal.

I am going to put some brass terminal clamps on, with some anti-corrosion gel on it.

Thanks for your help,

Brook

In that case, have the battery tested before you buy a new one... It might not be dead.

that was my plan, that is why I was needing to know if I would have any alarm / stereo issues.

Brook

Nope, no problems... only let your vehicle run for a about 10 minutes after you reconnect a battery - I hear the vehicle has to relearn its own settings (you don't need to do anything).

Thanks for all your help!

Will work on it tomorrow...

Brook

Ok, take care... let us know what happens.

Depending on your alarm you have, it could very easily go off when you disconnect the battery if it has it's own back up power supply. Or it could go off when you reconnect the battery. I have seen both scenarios.

reset 2000 ford explorer xls 2x4

I've replaced my battery terminal,after i put back everything,the alarm does'nt work,need help guys,thanks

alex

Is it a factory, alarm or aftermarket.

On a side note, i've replaced 3 batteries on my '04, never once had a problem. BUT, i've heard of people losing the PATSII programming and had to tow it to a dealer to reprogram. What happens the PATSII module forgets what keys can start it add a new battery, everything works but it won't turn over, security light flashes. . . hopefully this isn't it.

it's a factory alarm installed

batt died red security light on constant

Truck wont start do to security issues what can I do :mad:

batt died red security light on constant

Truck wont start do to security issues what can I do :mad:

Back