• Register Today It's free!

Dealers being uncooperative

Black Mounty

Reaction score
City, State
New York, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
After a relatively good 8 months of no A-Pillar problems (after having gone the first 8 months and 5 A-pillar's later), the problem has returned. My local dealer is refusing to work on the problem since another dealer has the history of fixing and identifying the problem. Same goes for poor A/C performance lately , with the reason that the the other dealer replaced fans and has a history with this issue in my vehicle. Forget about asking for any other TSB service or issues - same response, that dealer has had technicians address the problems (i.e. poor microphone, failing window trim) Why are some Ford dealers so bad and others so accommodating. Is this true for all Ford dealers re: work done by other dealers?

Anyone having the recurring problems a few months later with the A-Pillars? Also, chances of A/C failure again, although the vehicle is not running hot?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Being a service manager at a Ford store, if someone else has repaired a vehicle and done so incorrectly, it is the original repairing dealer's responsibility to do the repair correctly. Now, if FORD steps in and tells me they will pay me to correct the other dealer's shortcomings, we will do it all day long. The issue is getting paid to repair something that Ford has already paid someone else to do. I hope you understand. I guess the key here is to pick a good dealer to start with and this will not be an issue.....

Sorry to hear about this, seems like I hear stories constantly about Ford not honoring warranties and what not. Especially with that POS 6.0 liter diesel.

Yeah, but it isn't a case of Ford not honoring the warranty...

Well obviously lol, Im just saying Fords customer service seems to be subpar the whole way around.

This is not a case of sub-par service on Ford's part at all, this is a case of a dealer not wanting to perform the work for free when they have to pay a Tech for the labor, and eat the price of the part. As a former dealer tech i completely understand this. I dont want to work for free, and im sure nobody here does. A conversation with Cory would probably do a great deal of good here. Ford could probably be convinced to pay the local dealer for the re-repair

After a relatively good 8 months of no A-Pillar problems (after having gone the first 8 months and 5 A-pillar's later), the problem has returned. My local dealer is refusing to work on the problem since another dealer has the history of fixing and identifying the problem. Same goes for poor A/C performance lately , with the reason that the the other dealer replaced fans and has a history with this issue in my vehicle. Forget about asking for any other TSB service or issues - same response, that dealer has had technicians address the problems (i.e. poor microphone, failing window trim) Why are some Ford dealers so bad and others so accommodating. Is this true for all Ford dealers re: work done by other dealers?

Anyone having the recurring problems a few months later with the A-Pillars? Also, chances of A/C failure again, although the vehicle is not running hot?

Did we all read the same thing? Another dealer already performed these repairs. Without intervention from some of Cory's friends, the new dealer will not get paid by Ford to rerepair the same TSB, etc. that the other dealer repaired for a poor workmanship issue.... Period. I am sure if your boss told you that you had to come into work today, but you were working on a project that another business worked on so he could not pay you today, you would say "SURE!" with a huge smile on your face. Does that make sense?

In general, I would like to help everyone we can at our store. All I ask for is payment for the services and if it is not a part failure situation but it is a workmanship issue and Ford has not said it is ok to go ahead and correct the inadequate dealership's repair,then the vehicle goes back to the original dealer for repair. I will fix anything outside of the comeback going forward.

After a relatively good 8 months of no A-Pillar problems (after having gone the first 8 months and 5 A-pillar's later), the problem has returned...
I want to see that this is resolved for you once and for all, Black Mounty. I have your contact information from previous messages, so please send me a PM with your current mileage and I’ll arrange a follow-up call.

...A conversation with Cory would probably do a great deal of good here...
Thanks for the recommendation, rickybobby. :)

...In general, I would like to help everyone we can at our store...
RonJrSVCMGR,

I appreciate you offering your expertise.

Cory

Thanks All for the comments. i totally understand the issues at hand, but when a corporation (Ford) know of a major problem (Faulty A-Pillar design) and it requires over four trips and sets of replacement parts to work. Especially when there is a TSB i dont understand why FORD wouldnt pay the dealer. I understand cases where its a Warranty repair and something like a transmission.

I guess at the end of the day, ppl like the Ford Customer Service Team are ready to step up, as is my original dealer. It sucks when a dealership seems to go out of its way to make you feel like they don't want you to be a customer. Its not even about this issue, simple things like an oil change become bigger and longer issues then they should be.

Ive had a vehicle for over 15 months now, that although i love, has never been right and I've lived with things that in hindsight, I should have been more vocal about.

Cory: i will Pm you but im just going to take off from work and go to my original dealer. I will PM you if i have any problems from there.

Thanks All for the comments...Cory: i will Pm you but im just going to take off from work and go to my original dealer. I will PM you if i have any problems from there.
You got it, Black Mounty; thanks for the heads up.

Cory

Back