DFS Alarm Installation.......Pioneer DEH-P3000 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DFS Alarm Installation.......Pioneer DEH-P3000

Jaytee

Reaction score
City, State
Home: Woodruff, SC College: Clemson, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT 2WD
I just bought a new Pioneer DEH-P3000 CD Player/Changer w/ the new alarm built in. I don't know if you guys have heard of it. I am hopping somebody here has installed one. I need to hook the door sensor wire to my dome light but I'm having a little trouble finding the wires. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JayTee
Green '92 Explorer 4x2

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jaytee its a ***** to install i havea pioneer premier 300 with the DFS alarm i found the wires with help from the scamatic but did 't want to **** the dome lights up so i did't even connect it just hooked all the wires up except that one and it works fine, i just dont have the alarm

JayTee,
Remove the driver side kick panel. Peel the carpet back and you will expose a large bundle of wires on the floor or if you look at the wall next to the emergency brake pedal you should a rubber box that fills in a hole. The wire your looking for run from the pin switch mounted in the door frame, down thru the fender and down to a channel in the floor. Not all that difficult to find and only takes a screw driver to access.

Just my 2 cents. The wire you need is easiest to access in the canal that runs through the floor under the drivers door. The wire you need is Black with a light blue stripe. There may be more than one, but any one will work. Also, using a special crimp connector will make the job much easier. You can get crimp connectors at Wal-Mart.

Thanks
Steven

------------------
Stock 94 XLT
PIAA Superwhites.
Vampire Alarm.
Jensen Head w stock Premium sound.
Radio Schack CB with magnetic mount antenna.
Uniden Scanner.

in my experience with these dfs alarms, is that they are useless. its just a cool feature that they like to add to the advertisement. All it does is send noise through the speakers when a door is opened. There are no motion sensors or shock. and if you plan to install a real alarm later on the dfs feature wont even matter you eill never use it again. plus its a pain in the ass, and not worth the time in my opinion. most people want to hook it up because of the simple fact of that its there.

------------------
94 explorer 4x4 (pre-runner)v-6

Back