Difference in drivers side quarter windows? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Difference in drivers side quarter windows?

keesor

Reaction score
City, State
Belpre, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Limited
I have a 2003 Limited 4 dr. The manufacture date on the door says 11/02. My drivers side quarter window is broken and I need to get a new one from a junk yard. All of the searches says there is a difference between prior to 12/01/2002 and after 12/01/2002. When I pull up the ones for prior to 12/01/2002 on car-part.com it shows color codes for the windows, like there is a trim panel or something painted to the body color.

In all of the pictures I've seen of 2002 and 2003's I can't see a difference, and no body color on them, the windows all appear to be just black.

Does anyone know what the difference is and even though they list a body color will the 2002 window still work and be just black?

Thanks!!!
Matt

my dad has an 02, his quarter windows trim is black like the rest of the vehicle.
And it looks identical to my 04... but if you find that they are different part numbers... I would have to wonder why... they look the same...

Best bet is to call a couple dealers.. get a part number for an 02 and an 04
see what they say...

Thanks, I'll try contacting a dealer and see if they can tell me. The only difference I'm afraid of is maybe they changed the bolt pattern on them or something?

Anyone else?

Thats the only difference I can think of too... visually from the outside they look identical...

Back