Differences between 08,09 and 10 Adrenalin?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Differences between 08,09 and 10 Adrenalin??

Adrenalin007

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Adrenalin
Hi,

Im new to the forums and bought a 10 Adrenalin recently. My brother is in the market for an Adrenalin as well and wanted to know the pros and cons of the 08,09 and 10 models? Thanks in advance!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only real difference is that the ‘08s didn’t have heated seats as an option. That’s it.

That's it? I heard there was differences to the Sway bars and frame set up as well as engine differences.

The late 08s and 09s and 10s have a different spark plug and a bit different head to avoid breaking the spark plugs while changing them. If sparks plugs have been changed in the few years they were redesigned to be a one piece plug. There are youtube videos covering this as well as other forum threads about spark plugs.
I don't know about sway bar differences. Other than the head change the engines the same with 2 choices, 4.0 V6 and 4.6 V8 3 valve.

2008 a heated windshield was available, wasn't offered in 09/10.
2009 added "SOS" post crash alert.
2009 added trailer sway control, but has nothing to do with sway bars.
2010 were able to delete tonneau cover

Seems like there were SYNC/nav/audio changes year over year. I recall reading the rear DVD wasn't avail on some 2010s?

Color changes. Each year offered red, black, silver. 08/09 available in white. 2010 blue replaced white.

Not aware of any frame changes. If there were any, they'd be insignificant and minor as tow/haul ratings didn't change.

Back