Disable Traction Control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Disable Traction Control

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
Hi there just wondering how do you disable traction control on an 08 explorer eb 4x4 i heard its hold it for 5 secs until it starts blinking is that true. and does disabling it allow you to screech the tires and make the truck any faster. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the truck will not be any faster.

Hi there just wondering how do you disable traction control on an 08 explorer eb 4x4 i heard its hold it for 5 secs until it starts blinking is that true. and does disabling it allow you to screech the tires and make the truck any faster. thanks

Push and hold will disable it up to 25mph(per the manual). The 4WD(if equipped) isn't defeatable.

okay what does just pressing it and letting go do.

If you want to do burn outs unplug one of the front abs wheel bearings and it will disable traction control and 4x4. From then on 4x4 auto is 2 wheel drive hope this helps

Back