Disabling airbag system | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Disabling airbag system

@VWbaja10 Can agree, I did some good thrashing recently and decided I was glad that I disabled 'em. I'm not sure where exactly it has to be hit in order to trigger them, but I'll not be finding out!

Happy trails!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@VWbaja10 Can agree, I did some good thrashing recently and decided I was glad that I disabled 'em. I'm not sure where exactly it has to be hit in order to trigger them, but I'll not be finding out!

Happy trails!
Exactly I’d rather not find out what it takes. I know the Tacoma’s are very sensitive and my buddy has beat his ranger pretty hard with no issues but I don’t want to risk it.

what ive notixed from looking at salvage ones at copsrt etc is these bags dont like to deploy easily lol in comparison to others

Thanks, I’ll do the ones under the seats and check out the others. It’s just for peace of mind while off-roading. I do a lot of mix stuff and the front end does bottom out from time to time and last night we were playing in rocks.
Honestly then just my 2 cents you shouldn't be crawling those rocks that fast. I know it maybe piece of mind but then tell you what don't get anything newer than like 17. I will admit airbags overall are stupid but they do save life's hey Happy rock crawling though kk, also be safe pulling the plugs make sure you drain the backup memory first before hand or it could shock the system. Boom 💥

Honestly then just my 2 cents you shouldn't be crawling those rocks that fast. I know it maybe piece of mind but then tell you what don't get anything newer than like 17. I will admit airbags overall are stupid but they do save life's hey Happy rock crawling though kk, also be safe pulling the plugs make sure you drain the backup memory first before hand or it could shock the system. Boom 💥
Don’t go fast in the rocks but if you’ve ever been off-roading you should know that rocks gets moved and suspension components hit rocks. That’s what I want to avoid is the impact or shock from that setting off the air bags. Not my first rodeo off-roading

Don’t go fast in the rocks but if you’ve ever been off-roading you should know that rocks gets moved and suspension components hit rocks. That’s what I want to avoid is the impact or shock from that setting off the air bags. Not my first rodeo off-roading
Hey, not mine either and I've never had no problem soooo. Like I said just be safe okay. I will say this try to pull the bulb or something so coppers don't get yeah ok. I had the airbag light on in my yukon for adding a heated steering wheel and they gave me a fix it ticket.

Also not sure about mountaineers but you may not have to worry about the side impacts fyi

side bags became an option in 99 for all X and mounty. not sure if they were standard on mounties however. but do know that starting 99 they were at least optional.

side bags became an option in 99 for all X and mounty. not sure if they were standard on mounties however. but do know that starting 99 they were at least optional.
Yuppers cause mines got um just thought I mention it.

Seen a dude hit a hole hard in a ranger and blew both front bags. Zero body damage, just high centered and stopped quick.

I'd unplug the 2 plugs from the module behind the kick panel when off road. I don't want it thinking about deploying when offroad. DISCLAIMER: USE COMMON SENSE

Back