Disappearing Antifreeze?! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Disappearing Antifreeze?!

Hah, this problem can be extremely simple. You might just want to change your radiator cap, as they get old the spring wears and the radiator boils out slowly and evaporates. Fixed the issue on my old Holden.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oops, I never updated this?? Oh crap...

Yeah it was the intake gasket. I expected it to be practically destroyed but in reality a little piece in the back was just a little ripped. With the amount of antifreeze disappearing you would think that the gasket would be gone but I suppose it just takes a little bit to mess stuff up. I would try checking your intake gasket because that's probably the easiest option before major deconstruction.

i bet it was on the back passenger side, just like this, right next to the cps

208924_10150495792035165_3897885_n.jpg

here's and even better pic of where it leaked on me,,

208642_10150498055730165_3850777_n.jpg

that back hole is a dead end and the gasket had a seep in it right at the edge,,

Good pics.:thumbsup:

Could coolant find it's way to the intake manifold
from there, or just leak out onto the outside of the
block...?

it could find it's way on top, but it also may go down the back,

I'm going in this weekend

I had the same situation about a month ago but weather has forced me to wait. I'm pretty sure mine is lower intake gasket - I'll keep you posted on what I find.

Back