Dispute Settlement Board / Lemon Law | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dispute Settlement Board / Lemon Law

jnimon

Reaction score
City, State
North Ridgeville, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Well I think I have finally come to the end of the line w/my 2011 EX. After 13 weeks , over 11,000 miles and after todays incident a 5th trip to the dealer for service. Enough is enough!!! 1st the cooling fan assembly had to be replaced, 3 trips dealing w/MFT Sync including a new APIM module and now today the power steering goes out while driving the vehicle. Talk about feeling like you are driving a tank!! I call Ford roadside service to get a tow truck and can't even get someone to answer the phone for 20 minutes due to high call volume. Well no kidding, with the horrible product that Ford has put out with these Explorers I am sure I am not the only one calling them.

Long story short, the dealer service guy tells me that they all took a vote and thought if anyone was ever qualified for the "buy back" as he called it, it would be me. He then gave me the applicable package of forms to initiate the dispute and noted that Ford is bound by the decision rendered but that I am not. So if they decide that no I am not eligible for a buy back I can pursue it further though the lemon law. What a horrible experience this has been. I anxiously waited for my EX to be built & shipped, and now I am sorry I didn't go with my initial gut feeling and purchase an Audi.

What a shame too, because I love the EX when it actually runs. Problem is it is in the shop most of the time.

Back