Do fog lights exist that use the factory mounting brackets? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do fog lights exist that use the factory mounting brackets?

Last week I got PIAA'd with some of their 9007 headlights. Vast improvement. Now, I'd like to replace the factory fogs with something PIAA but I really don't want to do a lot of cutting and chopping. Ideally I'd like to use the same factory brackets.

I've looked at the 1500 lamps and they produce a decent amount of light but they don't fill up the factory light opening enough for my taste. Is there anything that will fit without going through major plastic surgery?

I'm not opposed to going with Hella if I had too. Lastly, this question has probably been asked to death but can I use the Ford factory fog light switch without any problems?

Forget the factory brackets and lights, I aquired some fog lights made by anderson back in the sixties from my grandfather. They are about 6" in diameter, with yellow lenses, and they will light up both sides of a 4 lane divided highway, and when adjusted right, do not blind on coming cars. I can see anything and everything when i turn those babies on. My advice, the bigger and brighter the better.

Back