Do you or don't you????? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do you or don't you?????

Do you or don't you????

• I DO!!!!

Votes: 114 42.5%
  • I'D RATHER PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT!!!

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • I do what I can and let the shop handle the rough stuff

Votes: 138 51.5%

• Total voters
Is the Pope Catholic?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do almost all the work to my truck myself. Figure why pay someone $50 an hour to do something I can do. When I get the suspension lift for her I think I'll have the shop do it though, I've heard it's a real PITA to drop the radius arm bracket and I don't have any torches. The only other thing I'd pay for is a tranny rebuild.

:chug: :chug:

My truck has never been to the shop (except for an alignment) since ive owned it. Ive done all the work on my truck including the welding. :) I learn how to do things as I go which usually means it takes me a long time. But once i do it again i can do it alot faster... Ive had my rear leafs out so many times for various reasons i can get both leafs out of the truck in about 30 minutes. :)

I do most work myself. It helps that I have access to the shop at work (Roush). We have a bunch of vehicle lifts, several alignment racks, tire mounting/balancing equipment, bridgeports, all kinds of welders, etc. If I run into trouble, I can always grab one of the mechanics to give me a hand. I usually order my parts and have them shipped directly to work and install them there. The only thing I haven't done yet is body work. I don't really have the patience (or talent;)) for it.

However, if its warranty work, I take it to the dealer and have them fix it for free.

I do most of the work on my truck myself but I know my limits and have no problem taking it to a shop to get something done that is beyond my current abilities.

Black Magic,
I do Automotive Design (3D modelling) at Roush. At our building, we do mostly SVT and other Ford special vehicle work (Lightning, Cobra, Ford GT, etc). Lately, we've been doing alot of projects for other companies too.

later,
Mike

I've done every mod myself. I hate to let anyone touch my truck. Though, it helps to be a mechanic too.

I do what I can myself. Change the oil, spark plugs, etc. Rotate the tires. Would like to learn how to do other stuff.

but a shop manual... not the haynes or chiltons (not that they arent good) but a real ford manual.....

I do what I know, but when I don't know I'll at least try or I'll ask a buddy or take it to Ford

always...

well, unless it's something I can't really handle... something bigger.

:D

I do it all, if I'm not sure about it I will dig up the info first. I can't see paying someone to do it for me when I am capable of doing it myself.

I do!

i won't have it any other way. unless i hit the lotto tomorrow.

mega-million is at $27,000,000 today by the way in ny.

lol- i thought this thread was gonna be about something else....

in THAT case i'd much rather pay someone else to do it

Mega millions in Illinois was at $150,000,000.00 yesterday... might be more for the next drawing...

got to play

:D

i do my own and have done everyithng that has been doen to the beast

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oil changes, brakes - the usual stuff.......I also swapped the HU and even made my own removal tool for that. I learn lots from this site.......

Back