Doe Valley in Windber, PA September 6-8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Doe Valley in Windber, PA September 6-8

IAmTodd

4x Explorer Veteran
Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Jeep
I know it's a bit early but I wanted to get word out. The local offroad club is holding an event on the weekend of September 6-8. The cost for all 3 days is $40 and includes a meal on Saturday evening.

I was just at this property this past weekend for the first time and I was impressed with what they had. They have everything from mild to wild and everything in between. A great variety and some great sites.

A lot of the details are still in the works and I'll update the thread as I find out more. Below is a link to a map of the trails.

I'm not sure if there will be camping available on the property but as before my the offer of my backyard an facilities is always open.

Doe Valley - Windber, PA

1146730_540326186023396_1779615024_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Todd, I'm already planning on being out there. I think Jason said you can set up camp anywhere on site for an extra $5, I'll have to check on that though. I was really impressed by the trails and members there.

Did your buddy's send you the copies of the pictures and videos? I don't care how long/ short, good/ bad quality they are I'd like to get copy's of all of them.

Might be able to make it. Just bought a tow truck today, a 2004 F250 4x4 Super Duty. The trailer I ordered is back ordered so I might be looking for another trailer soon. Then if I have trailer, might just make this meet. Not all that far from my house.

May or may not be around here for that. I have an interview in Charlotte NC this week, and my gf already got a job there so it may be a year until I'm back up this way. I shall see though.

Todd, I'm already planning on being out there. I think Jason said you can set up camp anywhere on site for an extra $5, I'll have to check on that though. I was really impressed by the trails and members there.

Did your buddy's send you the copies of the pictures and videos? I don't care how long/ short, good/ bad quality they are I'd like to get copy's of all of them.

I posted my pictures in the other thread. There are a few more from Ryan that I need to put on Flickr and I think Adam put his up on Youtube, not sure if he linked them. I can look into it this evening.

Might be able to make it. Just bought a tow truck today, a 2004 F250 4x4 Super Duty. The trailer I ordered is back ordered so I might be looking for another trailer soon. Then if I have trailer, might just make this meet. Not all that far from my house.

Awesome, I think you'll have a good time there. You won't be the only built BII either. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I know you guys took tons of pictures and videos, Carol and everyone are hounding me to see them. They keep saying it didn't happen if there's no proof. LOL.

First post has been updated with the flyer. Please make sure to register.

I'm going to be leaving early on Saturday, probably around 2 or 3 but I plan to be there first thing Saturday morning and will wheel all day Sunday.

Camping is free there but will be primitive.

Ill be there as long as I can get "The Mistress" running again. The T-stat housing decided to leak all over the block as well as the heater control valve. I just ordered parts from rockauto so hopefully it should be up and running by next weekend as long as I get my parts fast. Changing out most of the hoses as well and gonna need to replace the power steering lines to the cooler, rusted and leaking. Hopefully I'll have time and weather to fab up my gas tank skid plate and install my longer T-bar bolts to crank it back up again. SAS can't come fast enough.

Just registered. Still welding up all the carnage from last weekends Summer Slam at Big Dogs lol.
I'll be doing the Black Trails though.

Sounds good guys! I think mines pretty much set. I have a popping in the front I can't track down but nothing has fallen off yet.

Jerry- check with Adam(@frickea86), he's had some issues with his t-stat housing. I think he ended up having to go with an OE part.

Most of the parts ordered should be in Wednesday, I'm going to use the complete housing kit with everything incuded. They're known to go bad so it was only a matter of time. I emailed jason about registering but haven't heard back yet, How else would I pre register?

Pm me your last name. And I'll put you on the list.

I added my name on the list already. I thought you had to fill out a registry form or something. So I guess we just pay when we show up.

Just got an email from Jason that i'm on the list. So I guess you do pay once there.

Hey guys, Yes Camping is available on site for an addition $5. And yes you will pay at the gate after signing waivers and buying shirts and raffle prize tickets :) Sorry it took so long to get back to some of you, its been crazy lately preparing. Please spread the word and post the flyer elsewhere. Thanks!

Yep, I'm on the list. Jason emailed me last night.

Bump! Less than two weeks to go. And of course I'm in pieces now. :mad:

995997_10101521350648043_683245399_n.jpg

I got mine all back together and on the road again. I had to do the job twice because I had a temp sensor o-ring and upper heater hose decide to leak. Gonna try and gte started on my gas tank skid plate tomorrow and gusset my sliders as well as finish my front skid plate tubes. Too much work with too little time, busy with everything else.

Three days away, everyone still going? I still need to gussett my rock sliders at work tomorrow and atleast weld on the steel tube to the frame rail that'll be part of the gas tank skid plate. Between work and other things in life coming up I couldn't find the time to do all the things to the truck that I wanted this summer. Oh well, hopefully by late spring I should have my SAS parts all gathered and finally built it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still good. Not much to do other than load up my tools and pack the cooler. Wish I could have gotten a better CB antenna mount but maybe next year...

Back