Door Ajar light staying on amongst other problems. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door Ajar light staying on amongst other problems.

Black92LX

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT
Door Ajar light is staying on, my inside driver's door lock button does not work, my driver's side puddle light does not work, my keyless entry pad will unlock the car but will not lock the car.

I did the little test by opening the door after setting the alarm and all the doors trip the alarm except the driver's door.

I took a look at all the wiring but could not locate any problems.
So I replaced the switch
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249253&highlight=door+AJAR+switch+replacement

Still have the exact same problem.

Any thoughts?????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Borken or damaged wires between the door and body of the X

Easy big fella. Yes I know you said you didn't find any broken wires. However, you did not say how thoroughly you checked. I would recommend checking really, really well for broken/damaged wires. When I fixed mine, I was about to give up but dug deeper and found a broken wire.

Door Ajar light is staying on, my inside driver's door lock button does not work, my driver's side puddle light does not work, my keyless entry pad will unlock the car but will not lock the car.

I did the little test by opening the door after setting the alarm and all the doors trip the alarm except the driver's door.

So I replaced the switch
Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

Any thoughts?????
Close the Rear Hatch, Hard, Loosy needs a Goosey.

So I replaced the switch
Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

Any thoughts?????
I had this issue and fixed it by spraying the latches inside all the doors with wd40 worth a try taking everyone has a can lying around somewhere. The entire car went absolutely haywire when it thought the one door was opening and closing.

I had this issue and fixed it by spraying the latches inside all the doors with wd40 worth a try taking everyone has a can lying around somewhere. The entire car went absolutely haywire when it thought the one door was opening and closing.
Inside the boot, broke in half wire, change the light bulb in the puddles fix light bulbs upper brake light bulbs. Replace key pad.

Back