Opposite door ajar problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Opposite door ajar problem

Vintage289

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ford explorer
I have a 2005 explorer and I had the door ajar light on problem. Checked all the wires, they were fine. Replaced the door warning switch, and now the door ajar light goes off when the door is open, but comes on when closed. If I turn off the car with the door open, the radio stays on and then turns off when I close the door. Obviously it's reading backwards but I'm not sure why. Any suggestions?

I have a 2005 explorer and I had the door ajar light on problem. Checked all the wires, they were fine. Replaced the door warning switch, and now the door ajar light goes off when the door is open, but comes on when closed. If I turn off the car with the door open, the radio stays on and then turns off when I close the door. Obviously it's reading backwards but I'm not sure why. Any suggestions?
Some of these switches are normally open and some are normally closed. The back glass on my 02 is opposite the back hatch. Switches look identical but are opposite so you need to pay attention to the P/N's.

Back