• Register Today It's free!

Door Codes

coldfox

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
I was at my Ford dealer today asking about the code for the key less entry system. The parts guy said they used to put some information for the codes on one of the stickers that were on the vehicle. So he came out, and searched for this info, and found nothing. In my owners manual there isn't really that much about the codes. I had the vehicle at another Ford dealer years ago, but they couldn't retrieve the codes from the computer. My cylinders in the locks don't work, so I need to have these codes. If anyone knows where I can get these codes myself instead of having to pay big bucks at my Ford dealer I would really appreciate it.

I know that in the 3rd Gen's the code sticker is on a box behind the seatbelt panel on the passenger side rear. I think it's in the same spot in the 2nd Gen's as well.

Thank you for replying Cozmik. I did search the vehicle but there was no box behind the seat belt panel on the passenger side rear. The only thing there was the hump for the wheel well.I even pulled down the rear passenger seat but found nothing. I did find codes on the seat belts, but I don't think that's what you are talking about.

Since I didn't know what you were talking about I did some research. To see if I could come up with anything. To my surprise I did and I am posting it here in case anyone else wants to know how to retrieve the code for key less entry. Thank you again cozmik for you help :).

1995 thru 2001 is located in the jack storage compartment in the rear of your Explorer. First remove the panel to the jack storage compartment. Towards the front of this area you should see a metal box this is your auto-lock module(way up front next to your rear left passenger seat). On the back side of this is your 5 digit code factory preset code. It is hard to get to. To see it you will have to loosen, pull, use a flashlight or a mirror but it can be done.

Back