Door lock Actuator problems fixed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door lock Actuator problems fixed.

junglejet

Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
Mountaineer, 99 5.0 AWD
Last summer i experienced a problem with my door lock keypad, i could not close the driver door with the 8/9 or remote controll. The driver door could only be lock using the key. Last weekend i could not open the driver door with the key, or keypad. I pulled the driver door pannel and found the rivit securing the door lock actuator bracket to the door was broken. The door lock actuator was just hanging in the door cavity. After removing the rear window guide (one bolt), i disconnected the actuator power harness remove the upper hook from the lock mechanisim. Using a 1/4 (lenght) inch bolt with matching nut i resecure the actuator clamp to the door, reconnect the upper actuator wire to the lock mechanisim, re-connect the power harness, pop the actuator back into the bracket, and re-installed the window guide. The remote and keypad is now fully functional. It took me 30 minutes to do this. I didn't know what to expect before i started this project now it is fixed without spending a dime. I hope this helps someone in the future.

Back