Doublemint Twin Explorers! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Doublemint Twin Explorers!

I'm a brand-new member here, really enjoying the forum so far.

My wife bought our first Explorer, a 2005 XLS, back in 2008 and it's quickly become a family favorite. My daughter bought her first vehicle, a 1999 XLT V8, just a few months ago. And, just this past week, when my 1990 Isuzu Trooper finally "trooped-out" after long and solid service, I found myself on the truck market again.

Seriously, the 2005 XLS I wound up buying was advertised as "gray" in color. It wasn't until I got it home and parked next to my wife's that I realized I'd just bought a very near duplicate to hers! Personally, I'm loving it...and she's coming around to it hahaha...

(BTW, I'm not sure what the color of these is called. It looks like a "dark tan" as best I can describe it, yet in somewhat lower light as-pictured, they do look gray-ish).

Miscellaneous036.jpg

Miscellaneous037.jpg

Miscellaneous038.jpg

Eventually, I'll get a pic of our two XLS' along with my daughter's XLT together.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site.
I love the 1st picture, its awesome. So now is where we place bets as to which one of you will be the 1st to get into the wrong explorer(if it hasn't happened yet)

one to mod, one to have for everyday and long trips,

Welcome to the site.
I love the 1st picture, its awesome. So now is where we place bets as to which one of you will be the 1st to get into the wrong explorer(if it hasn't happened yet)

Thank you, and LOL sport97...the mix-up has not happened...YET, that is. I haven't gotten a license plate on the newest one yet, but I did go ahead and slap a couple of "CERT" decals on it (I volunteer with a local Community Emergency Response Team effort); also, mine has a front license plate frame while hers doesn't, so I put a vintage local radio station plate on to help distinguish the two XLSs.

Oh, I also took the keys to mine and painted a "2" on them to denote "Explorer 2" haha! :)

one to mod, one to have for everyday and long trips,

I like that idea! Right now, they are our respective daily-drivers. I'm looking forward to when she and I both show up at church, etc., in separate vehicles before a lot of folks realize we drive almost identical trucks LOL.

Funny stuff!

Nice twins!!!

nice twins

When she is sleeping swap parking spots and watch what she does in the morning.

LOL I love the suggestion! And I have found that my dealership wasn't crazy to advertise the second vehicle as "gray." According to the paint codes, they are "Mineral Gray Metallic."

Back