Driver seat removal

hughesranch

Reaction score
City, State
Terrell, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport
Hi Y'all,
I need to remove my driver seat in my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport. I removed the 4 bolts and the disconnected the plug under the seat. My question is how do I remove the seat from what appears to be a slide rail for the seat belt receiver?
:):)
Thanks,
Bill

2001 Ford Explorer Sport
2001 F150 long bed
2013 Kia Sorrento

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a Torx bolt on the back of the slide rail against the drive shaft tunnel. You will have to remove the plasic plug in the seat belt receiver to expose the Torx bolt. The rail will come out with the seat then.

Slide the seat pretty far forward and move it way up. Makes getting to the bolts much easier.

There is a Torx bolt on the back of the slide rail against the drive shaft tunnel. You will have to remove the plasic plug in the seat belt receiver to expose the Torx bolt. The rail will come out with the seat then.

You'll have to do this or in my case someone rounded off the inside of the bolt. I had to remove the small bolt at the base of the buckle and a nut at the front of the bar that buckle bolts to.

Thanks

Hey,
Thanks for the information. I will try it tomorrow morning.

Thx,
Bill:thumbsup:

Back