• Register Today It's free!

Driver Seat Replacement

Praxus

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
This afternoon the connector which connects the seat to the electric seat adjustment track broke. This allows the seat to translate backwards if I shift my weight which is very annoying, and probably not very safe in the case of an accident. I found a place that has a driver seat in the appropriate color which is good. My question is this, the seat I found has the electric seat heater which the factory seats in my explorer did not have. I am wondering whether the vehicle is wired to support the seat heater but the seats I have don't have the heater installed. Does anyone know whether or not the seat heater will work if I install it, it would be a nice upgrade but I really just want a seat that isn't broken. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hope seat replacement went well. Am considering same.

I found your message and regret that it's only been recently I needed to consider driver-seat replacement, too. Did the new seat provide heat after you installed it?

On my driver's seat, the recline-release lever broke and left the seat in an uncomfortably upright position. I temporarily fixed that problem with the seat, but the padding is shot and the inflatable cushions don't work, so I'm going to replace it.

Need to visit some local salvage yards to find a match for the green, leather seat in my Eddie Bauer Explorer.

Regards,

Skippy K.

Back