DRL settings

dimacherno

Reaction score
City, State
Israel
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Limited
Hello everyone
I have a 2017 Limited Explorer, European version so the trim level might be different. Headlights are LED low beam and signature strip and halogen high beams.
My issue is with the DRL’s. First when I bought the car there was no DRLs working at all, and no option to turn on in the options. Later I got to mess around with Forscan and got the low beam(led) and signature led to work as DRL.
All was great until I played some more with Forscan and had to restore AS BUILT data. After that I could not reproduce the settings that worked the first time - I’ve spent hours on it, and most I got is high beams working as drls or nothing.
Does someone have the correct settings and could point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I find it odd that the DRL was not working initially, especially with it being a European model. I had a 2017 Explorer Platinum and had all the lights you mentioned were working as they should. I don't use FORScan so I am not able to help but I'm sure some other members will be able to help.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I find it odd that the DRL was not working initially, especially with it being a European model. I had a 2017 Explorer Platinum and had all the lights you mentioned were working as they should. I don't use FORScan so I am not able to help but I'm sure some other members will be able to help.

Peter
Thanks a lot!

Hello everyone
I have a 2017 Limited Explorer, European version so the trim level might be different. Headlights are LED low beam and signature strip and halogen high beams.
My issue is with the DRL’s. First when I bought the car there was no DRLs working at all, and no option to turn on in the options. Later I got to mess around with Forscan and got the low beam(led) and signature led to work as DRL.
All was great until I played some more with Forscan and had to restore AS BUILT data. After that I could not reproduce the settings that worked the first time - I’ve spent hours on it, and most I got is high beams working as drls or nothing.
Does someone have the correct settings and could point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance

The one thing that that setup does is that the rear lights also come ON with the DRL. That is not normal for DRL but it is a good idea I think.

Peter

Back