• Register Today It's free!

dual alternator setup

pisfk

Reaction score
City, State
douglassville,pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport 4X4
i was wondering if anyone knew where to find a bracket to set up dual alternators in the old OHV motor? any suggestions or tips would be greatly appre4ciated

pisfk said:
i was wondering if anyone knew where to find a bracket to set up dual alternators in the old OHV motor? any suggestions or tips would be greatly appre4ciated
Why and for what purpose would you want to run two alts?, just curious

all purpose truck

i would like to build my truck up for anythin that comes along i have the alxle for the solid alxe swap and i also plan to install a york compressor for onboard air powertools and all and i would like to be able to run any electical device wit the truck, sawsall grinders. and i would like to be able to power my necessaties in the house when the power fails in the winter. i was thinkin about dual 200's and some monster inverters

I think you might be better off getting a 5,000-10,000 watt inverter. They are about $600, but that would probably be your best choice. I remember seeing an ad in J C Whitney for a dual output alternator that was 12 volts, and 120 volts. I don't know if they still sell it, because it was about 18 years ago when I saw it advertised.

Back