• Register Today It's free!

Dual alternators

CdnCory

Reaction score
City, State
B.C, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 2-door
Anyone know if I can get a dual alternator bracket for my '93?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know of any manufacturer that offers a bracket to mount dual alternators, but I have seen an X with dual alternators that used a custom mount locating the second unit in place of the A/C compressor.

I have to ask...............................why? :)

I have a/c so I guess that wouldnt work out for me. Why? Well, I just bought my X and the alt. is brand new (not sure what amp. it puts out). For my stereo I need a HO alternator and I dont want to return the brand new one as a core, so I figure I keep it, pay the core charge for the new one and have 2 running, then have no charging issues to worry about. Also this way I dont have to get an expensive one.

CdnCory said:
I have a/c so I guess that wouldnt work out for me. Why? Well, I just bought my X and the alt. is brand new (not sure what amp. it puts out). For my stereo I need a HO alternator and I dont want to return the brand new one as a core, so I figure I keep it, pay the core charge for the new one and have 2 running, then have no charging issues to worry about. Also this way I dont have to get an expensive one.

why not trade in the old one as a core and run duel batteries, that should be good for 2000 watts, if you going bigger then use more batteries and a few caps

I have 3 caps, and will be running 2 batteries. I will be running two JBL 1200.1's and a 4-channel amp (still undecided). I'm quite confident I wont have probs, but I dont like throwing my $ away like that, its a BRAND NEW alternator. I just cant throw it away! i was hoping that there was a bracket that you could buy then it would be no biggie

CdnCory said:
I have 3 caps, and will be running 2 batteries. I will be running two JBL 1200.1's and a 4-channel amp (still undecided). I'm quite confident I wont have probs, but I dont like throwing my $ away like that, its a BRAND NEW alternator. I just cant throw it away! i was hoping that there was a bracket that you could buy then it would be no biggie

dont throw it any of course but keep it, with a ho you shouldn't have any problems but incae you do you have a backip or get it rebuilt as an ho and use it as a backup, but with what you want a stock could handle it with a little dimin if the headlights

Back