EB Cruise control switch

radman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Camby
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Eddie 5.0
I have been searching on here for hours and have not found what I need.

My 99 Eddie just had the face of the cruise control switch fall off in my lap. It is the switch that accompanies the Electronic Automatic Temperature Control System. It is the switch on the left side of the steering wheel that has the cruise buttons. How do I get this switch out of the steering wheel? Is there a source for this switch other than Ford?
Thanks
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try this write up [URL="http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229245" ] Replace cruise switch[/URL]

If you need the stitches they are cheap off of e bay and amazon

Cruise info

Thanks for the come back gonenuke a very good read.

The information about the replacement of the switchs is very informative but not quit specific to my car. The temperture contols, radio, and cruise are all in my steering wheel. The switches I am talking about are unique to ATC cars. The Amazon part numbers 5928 and 5919 are not even close.

Am I the only one that has a car equipt this way with the cruise buttons falling out? Any help with a part number and any specific differances in replacement methods would be great.

I can do this myself but would like to find the parts aftermarket. If some of the people on here were quoted $300 by Ford for this replacement mine would probably run over $500 easy.

Well I found out that Ford part number F80F-18C844-AB & BA is the one I need and my price is only $554 carry out. What a bargin.

Or you can try these E Bay

Thanks gonenuke,
I bought that item yesterday.
Mike

Installation

Sorry to revive a 2 year old thread. But how did you install these. Using the normal way the others install the simpler switches?

Eddie Bauer Cruise Control Switch

They are very simple to remove. Using a small screw driver with a flat blade insert it into the edge of the switch and gently pry up, the steering wheel pad is very pliable and can stretch some. Working around the edge until it pops out. Then unplug the wiring and replace with another switch.

Cool thanks. Will open it up tomorrow to see if something is fried in there. They slowly began failing on a trip. Could turn on from switch but off button didn't work.
Thanks

Cruise switchs

I have had to replace 3 on my 99 Eddie so far, all used ones from Ebay. The last one has lasted well over two years now. New ones from Ford are totally cost prohibitive.

Dealer cost?

How much have you seen then run?

Back