Photos - Return of the redemption run '08 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Return of the redemption run '08

Mark, how did the ride end up being 7 hours:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

375 miles.. 70ish mph cruise speed (not including the few 35mph zones before I get to i-8) and a few stops..

I have to stop at least every two hours (more often if I'm tired or near the end of a long day).. Too long in the truck and my knees start to hurt.. Using the cuise so I can move my feet away from the pedals make it so I can drive longer...

My average speed (including stops) comes out to be about 50-55mph

I got lucky and only had to buy 10 gallons of fuel in CA.. I actually could have gone without using any CA gas if I would have used what I had in the gas can.

don't remember when me and justin got home, around 5-6. kind of an odd run i think. me and my friend nate (with the jeep) showed up around 2:30 am and imediatly threw our stuff out of our cars and went on a night run where nate found out his carb was running horrible. we also had two ride along friends justin and byren. good run saturday. nate went up a crazy waterfall and froader went up cj hill no prob of course, as if he does it everyday. after everyone came back for lunch, the wind was terrible! but me and nate went out to rescue his jeep and we ended up also doing a pretty intense wind run where i lost my drivers side mirror, bent my bumper, got a tire scuff on my door, and got a lot of sand in my eyes!!! the four of us kids had a camp out in the navajo untill the wind died enough for sleeping in the back of nate's pickup.

here's some pics. sorry but most pics i took were of my car :rolleyes:

4:00am night run

beams051.jpg

beams056.jpg

beams059.jpg

stuck. thanks mark for pulling me out. sorry i backed into your car :eek:

beams061.jpg

beams062.jpg

beams063.jpg

messin around
beams064.jpg

beams066.jpg

on the wind run. i didn't fit :(

beams068.jpg

beams069.jpg

beams070.jpg

beams072.jpg

nate was TRYING to flop his jeep, but they just couldn't get it to :rolleyes:

beams075.jpg

beams074.jpg

beams073.jpg

beams076.jpg

beams077.jpg

beams080.jpg

beams082.jpg

beams083.jpg

beams084.jpg

beams085-1.jpg

beams087.jpg

beams089.jpg

beams091.jpg

beams093.jpg

beams094.jpg

about the jeep

bkennedy is right about the paint
10 bolt front, dana 60 rear
home made 4 link rear with air shocks
and just a bunch of other stuff he made (half doors, bumpers, all the stuff you can see)

So RJ, i wanna know, how did you like all your recent upgrades?? Did you hit the washes at all?

Wow looks like you all really had a blast sorry maniak that i missed ya on the caravan i got switched up to the night shift and couldnt get friday off so i winded up working until 8 am sat and then my bank account is under $20 so there was just no way i was going to be able to do this run if im still around come next season expect to see alot more of me

oh yeah, the recent upgrades.

front end worked great!!!!! flexed good, soaked up anything i threw at it and didn't even break any hubs :D

the rear end sucked!!! it's now sagged so much that the tire is almost in the wheel well at ride hight. bottumed out on every single bump i hit and bucked up really high. tried a few wash runs and the back would kick up and i would do nose wheelies. but i would try to do little jumps some times (like 2 feet tall) and the front wouldn't even jump, it would just soak it up. smoooooth. so im bummed on the rear end, it held me up from testing out the front end.

Man that's disappointing to hear. But great news on the front end, where the majority of work was done. :thumbsup:

I couldn't believe that Paul B. and Rick had never been up to the phone booth!!

Yea, after going 15 year's there I never been there. Alway's discoverying new thing's out there. Have you been to pucker pass?

oh yeah, the recent upgrades.

the rear end sucked!!! it's now sagged so much that the tire is almost in the wheel well at ride hight. bottumed out on every single bump i hit and bucked up really high. tried a few wash runs and the back would kick up and i would do nose wheelies. but i would try to do little jumps some times (like 2 feet tall) and the front wouldn't even jump, it would just soak it up. smoooooth. so im bummed on the rear end, it held me up from testing out the front end.
Are those Deaver springs? I think that is what you have. Jefe had some problems with Deaver too. When he ordered springs with stock lift and the specific weight of his vehicle, he got a set of Explorer +2 inch leafs. At rest, they were already arched the wrong way. I guess they have no idea that an Explorer weighs a lot more than a Ranger. If I get a custom set of leaf springs, I'm going with National's. At least they seem to make them too stiff, instead of too soft.

well they're for a ranger not an explorer, so they didn't build them to actually hold the wieght of an explorer, i just thought that they would.

Pictures

The most funny moment of the trip was RJ's friend trying to get that J#$p to roll over.

DSCF0419_Small_.JPG

DSCF0422_Small_.JPG

DSCF0428_Small_.JPG

DSCF0441_Small_.JPG

DSCF0449_Small_.JPG

DSCF0456_Small_.JPG

DSCF0463_Small_.JPG

DSCF0465_Small_.JPG

DSCF0466_Small_.JPG

DSCF0471_Small_.JPG

Oh, and after everyone left there was a chair, alone, all by itself, looking very sad, hungry and confused.....this belong to anybody? I took it home, but already have a few chairs, and really do not want another one to take care of. Please, before I start putting up "Found Chair" posters all over Salton Sea................claim your chair.

DSCF0480_Small_.jpg

DSCF0482_Small_.jpg

lol we just figured you were the last motorhome there no one knew who the orpan chair belonged to so tag your it!:D:mattmoon:

looks like fun, sorry to have missed it and it looks like the white explorer representation was in full force. If stico wouldn't have painted his from white you would have had almost all white trucks in every picture.

Some people just dare to be different! lol

nate on the waterfall by CJ hill

th_natesclimb.jpg

With the longer wheel base you'll make it look easy. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks like a great run even with the wind..... man I hate living so far out east now :(

Rick your photos looked fine to me too. Picky picky picky.....

Back