Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks

91expl-sport

Reaction score
I am planning to buy Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks. I drive about 50% highway and 50% street. Any pro and cons. Anyone know where I can purchase these shocks cheap?

91 Explorer Sport
4.0 V6 EFI

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, before I bought mine I had heard a billion good things about them, so I said hey why not. After I got them I haven't noticed the least bit of better handling like they say. They give a 30-day money back thing, and I thought that they would be so great and I had this refund I sent in for, and I couldn't get my money back after I sent in for the rebate, so I'm stuck with them. I'd sell them too you if you truly wanted them, but I would only take them off if I still had the original shocks or if I was gettin a lift, which I plan on doing maybe this summer.

------------------
1991 2wd Ford Explorer XL-mostly stock, but working on it E-mail--RATM128@AOL.COM

I got them for my 1997 Sport. They are just awesomw. No more tumbling around on speed bumps, or that anoying body roll on turns.

Got for it!

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

I can't say about for the Explorers, but in my 98 F-150 I installed the IAS shocks and noticed a definite difference right away. Now that was a bti different - it had a lot more side to side body roll and didn't react as well to speed bumps etc. as the stock explorer shocks, so the difference was noticed faster. ALthough you have lots of money I'd go for Rancho RS-9000's, so you could adjust them for off-road and adjust them again for city driving.

------------------
Matt Adams
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

I have had my ISA's for 6months now on my 99 Limited. I LOVE them...no more body roll and handles better on high speed turns (highway curves). A friend of mine at work just bought a 99 Eddie Bauer and at lunch he went from his to mine and back. The next weekend he ordered them from Savannah Jones.

They cant be for everyone....but most people here seem to like them.

------------------
Greengoose:
FORD = Fantastic Off Road Driving

Got'um on my Expey and Explorer.Luv'em!
Course I have Michelin M/S's also. Stock tires don't help the ride. I purchased mine at Performanceparts about $70 ea.
reed

i put some on my 92 explorer and they were super stiff - bumps just jolted the whole vehicle. it was too much for me. anyone else have this problem? i mostly drive street so i tried some monroe sensatracs and i don't like them either. on rough roads, they roll and pitch all over. i was thinking about the rancho 9000's to adjust. maybe later.

I just got the standard 'road handler' shocks from my local tire company and they work great. They are comparable to KYB's which are close to the Bilsteen's. I was told to stay away from both Edelbrock and Bil's unless planning to do serious off-roading, et. al...

Just my .02 - they work great! They removed body roll, but hit the bumps pretty good and ride higher than the originals.

------------------

Yeah, I just did the same thing when I took my 91 to NTB as the Sensatracs I'd bought there were beat but they had a lifetime warranty so they replaced them with Steadyrider gas ones (Sears brand as they own NTB). The ride is much better then with the Sensatracs and they were free as well.

Barry

I adviced on this site that I am planning to buy Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks, and found them on wrenchhead.com for 34.20 which included shipping. A fellow Explore owner went to the site and found the shocks for 68.00.
fellow Explorer owner "I sent wrenchhead a note asking if you had gotten a special and when they might
have another one. Here is their reply you lucky dog."

reply from wrenchhead:
Hello, there was a price screw up on the site and now they fixed it.

Feels good to get a break on over price items.

Back