• Register Today It's free!

electrical gremlins

suzukisam

City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Eddie Bauer
The below problem is on a 03 EB V-8.

For some time now my interior lights will not shut off for nearly 30 minutes, no big deal I just shut them off via the dimmer switch before I get out of the truck. I am starting to link other problems to this though. If i press the button to turn on the rear defroster than my door ajar light and buzzer goes off. I can reset this by pressing the reset button on the dash. Today I noticed that if I have the rear defrost on my power mirrors do not work. as soon as I turn the defrost off then the mirrors work again.
I had this into my local dealer once and they spend 2 hours tracing wires and determined the problem to be in the driver's door, however, they could not find the actual source of the problem.

any thoughts? :confused:

thanks
Marc

I've read more than one other thread in here where a wiring problem in the drivers door was found to be causing misc issues such as you describe. I would take a good hard look at the wires in there myself especially where they pass thru the door and into the frame. Maybe take all connectors apart and look for loose or bent pins. A good Ford tech should be able to track it down using the component pinpoint tests and tools they have available.

Back