• Register Today It's free!

Electrical problem persists

agreznik

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer Sport
2010 Explorer Sport Trac Limited. Driver door controls electrical malfunctions - Power mirrors out, dock lock switch will lock but not unlock, right rear window switch (on driver door) will power down but not up. Window switch on right rear door operates both up and down properly. Only issue is with driver door electrical.. Dealer replaced driver door wire harness 18 months ago to fix similar problems but has now re-occured (no warranty). Anyone with helpful advice would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would pull the door panel and check the wire harness at the door hinge.

You will have to start some painstaking troubleshooting. Checking each switch and connection until you find the culprit.
Goodluck and stay warm
Kent

I would pull the door panel and check the wire harness at the door hinge.
I did just that. I disconnected the wire harness from the door jam and fed it through the speaker opening just to be able to see the harness better. Now I can't get the harness to connect back. Seems the body side of the plug has pulled back so now what can I do?

You might have to get in at the other side of the harness behind the kick panel and see if you can free some up.

2010 Explorer Sport Trac Limited. Driver door controls electrical malfunctions - Power mirrors out, dock lock switch will lock but not unlock, right rear window switch (on driver door) will power down but not up. Window switch on right rear door operates both up and down properly. Only issue is with driver door electrical.. Dealer replaced driver door wire harness 18 months ago to fix similar problems but has now re-occured (no warranty). Anyone with helpful advice would be appreciated.
Can anyone help me with a wiring diagram for the power mirror control switch? I am trying to identify which wire provides the power source.

I would replace the filter and perform a fuel pressure test at the schrader valve.

Back